The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Calculating time: Old Republic and Clone Wars 'era'

Nelo_Akuma

Greetings people,

so a friend of mine asked me a question which i couldn't rightly answer:

The fandom basically measures the years in BBY/ABY (Before / After Battly of Yavin) and it is clear that the 'year' in the Star Wars reality always is orriented to some big deal event.

So I would assume that in the Old Republic right now we would be in ATC (After Treaty of Coruscant), is that correct?

What would the event be for the Clone Wars time and where would it fit into the BBY-timetable?

Any help here, even if only theoretically sound would be much appreciated so thanks in advance.

- Nelo

Yes the current era measures events by the Treaty of Coruscant, though this only applies to the Republic, presumably, I expect the Sith Empire use a different calendar system that hasn't yet been revealed.

As for what event was used for the CW era, that would be the Great ReSynchronization. You might also be interested to know that prior to the Treaty of Coruscant, the founding of the Republic was used as a starting point.

Edited by Beniboybling

Thanks for the quick answer.

I guess the Impire would use the Sacking of Coruscant as a recent event that equals the Treaty.

And especially thanks for that link. Was rummaging through the wikia before but never got that link in all my searches.

- Nelo

I guess the Impire would use the Sacking of Coruscant as a recent event that equals the Treaty.

And especially thanks for that link. Was rummaging through the wikia before but never got that link in all my searches.

- Nelo

No problem, happy to be of help.

- Nelo

Anytime, broski.

- Ant