Please translate SWTOR to spanish

mercemon

From the Latino and Hispanic community, with Castilian (Spanish) as a common language, we want to

make a request to Bioware to assess the possibility of a

translation of the game "Star Wars The Old Republic" into our language.

Simply request that includes a partial translation:

- Graphical user interface (GUI)

- Skills

- Items

- Subtitles and game texts

We do not care at all dubbing, and understand the effort is more economical for the company that it

would, so we understand that we ask is more than possible and not too difficult for a potential

company Bioware, bringing to art the ability to make a video game.

Edited by mercemon

As great as it might be, that's a REALLY big job, and judging from all the patch notes they can barely stay on top of German/French localization as it is.

Again, I think this would benefit the game a lot, but at this point I just can't see them investing so much manpower into non-critical endeavors. It's just not a smart choice.

Edited by idnewton

You can have a reason, but players who are Spanish-speaking us can feel displaced by say it somehow. From my point of view the game would win more if the texts could put them in Spanish. As a Subscriber I am, I am very disappointed with that

I read somewhere (I know, it's the internets) that Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language in the world, behind Mandarin Chinese. If it isn't 2nd, I'm guessing it's at least 3rd. I am surprised that the game doesn't have a Spanish language version. Maybe the economic demographics don't support it.

I read somewhere (I know, it's the internets) that Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language in the world, behind Mandarin Chinese. If it isn't 2nd, I'm guessing it's at least 3rd. I am surprised that the game doesn't have a Spanish language version. Maybe the economic demographics don't support it.

Wrong. English is the 2nd most spoken language right after Chineese.

Wrong. English is the 2nd most spoken language right after Chineese.

There's conflicting reports.

Some say Chinese/Spanish/English and some say Chinese/English/Spanish.

It all depends on how you define it. Number of people capable of speaking the language? Number of people who speak it as their first language? Number of natives of a country with that primary language?

Edited by Khevar

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.