The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel pack review

So i know that this isn't about suggestions but I've been looking around forums for a thread about, what are the best cartel packs to buy right now, and so far found nothing so I'm starting a new thread where packs are most commonly talked about.

I for one don't like wasting my hard earned money on packs that may not be worth it and I'm sure that no one else does either, so having some minor questions answered by the community could be a great help to us all.

What is the best cartel pack to buy (currently)?

What are the chances of finding good drops?

Is it more popular than some of the older packs that are still available?

Are the older packs even worth getting anymore?

Also it would be nice to see more reasonable pricing on GTN (Galactic Trade Network) that way non of us gets stuck with a bunch of gear that isn't even worth putting on GTN. It would be nice to see this thread continue, so that everyone has the best news on the current packs available.

Also feel free to improve upon my questions, Thank You.

P.S. To the site moderators sorry in advance if i posted this in the wrong area, and for not keeping it short.

So i know that this isn't about suggestions but I've been looking around forums for a thread about, what are the best cartel packs to buy right now, and so far found nothing so I'm starting a new thread where packs are most commonly talked about.

I for one don't like wasting my hard earned money on packs that may not be worth it and I'm sure that no one else does either, so having some minor questions answered by the community could be a great help to us all.

Also it would be nice to see more reasonable pricing on GTN (Galactic Trade Network) that way non of us gets stuck with a bunch of gear that isn't even worth putting on GTN. It would be nice to see this thread continue, so that everyone has the best news on the current packs available.

Also feel free to improve upon my questions, Thank You.

P.S. To the site moderators sorry in advance if i posted this in the wrong area, and for not keeping it short.

1. Whichever one is selling on your server.
  2. It's random.
  3. Depends on your server.
  4. Sometimes, depends on your server.

• You can't control what other people are selling for, and the forums are a minority of a minority of players. This group is not representative of the actual playerbase. It also varies by server.

• You'd be better off asking this question in your server forum or checking your server's GTN.

The one with the most stuff that you want?

Define "good". The rarity of the collections items are listed on the collections page, so you can see for yourself if some armor bit, crystal, vehicle, or whatever else is rare or super-rare. Dulfy.net also lists all items in the various packs so you may want to check there as well.

Is what more popular then some of the older packs? In any case, I guess that depends upon whom you ask. If I were to rate every pack in order of personal interest it certainly wouldn't be in chronological or reverse-chronological order.

What makes a pack "worth getting"?

I can tell you that I bought some of the older packs when they were recently made available, so apparently I thought that they were "worth it", or at least worth the gamble, and I would wager that I wasn't alone.

The GTN is a player-run device. If something is selling for a lot it's because the sellers are demanding a lot and have willing buyers.

If something is selling for little it's because the sellers are only asking for a little and/or there is little interest amongst the player base.

There is nothing that can (or should) be done about that player that decided to undercut the "current market price", whether that is a random drop, crafting materials, a super-rare item from a cartel market lockbox, or anything else they can put up for sale.

Neither you nor anyone else gets to decide what I think is "worth" putting on the GTN or at the price that I think that it is "worth".

Given that different people have different preferences, what you think is good can vary widely from what I, or Bob, Jim, or MarySue likes. For some people they prefer traditional SW looking items. Some only go for special mounts, others weapons. Its all a matter of personal preferences. Like how I think the Socorro weapons are hideous, but some people really like them.

RNG. No way to predict, random is random.

Again I refer you to my first statement, what you like, and what others like has the potential to be polar opposites. Some stuff falls under "Hey that's pretty cool" to "*** were they smoking when they thought this up?!?"

Depends on how gung ho some collection junkies are really.

As others have stated, its a free market. People are free to post things as high or as low as -they- want. Trying to dictate pricing is an exercise in futility.

Responses in color