Video: Some Pike play.

tunewalker

Great job tune, your directional shield play has improved a ton since we talked about it. Power management was really solid in this one. You never really had to go defensive so I can't comment on that.

However dear god man you need to roll the ship way more, I know we've talked about it before but that is probably the biggest mistakes you're doing during the entire video. You could be turning so much faster.

A Pike with turning on Barrel and regen thrusters which is what I assume you are using turns at 1.68 pitch and 1.06 yaw. That means that pitching instead of yawing gives you 58% more turning speed. Even if it's only halfway between pitching and yawing you are losing 29% Turning speed by not rolling. It's not going to suddenly make you really awesome but it's definitely something you can work on.

Thanks for the video! Hope that helps. :)

P.s. The game music is way louder then your mic you might want to adjust that for next time. I know you're having trouble with the quality but the sound thing would really help us hear you better.

Great job tune, your directional shield play has improved a ton since we talked about it. Power management was really solid in this one. You never really had to go defensive so I can't comment on that.

However dear god man you need to roll the ship way more, I know we've talked about it before but that is probably the biggest mistakes you're doing during the entire video. You could be turning so much faster.

A Pike with turning on Barrel and regen thrusters which is what I assume you are using turns at 1.68 pitch and 1.06 yaw. That means that pitching instead of yawing gives you 58% more turning speed. Even if it's only halfway between pitching and yawing you are losing 29% Turning speed by not rolling. It's not going to suddenly make you really awesome but it's definitely something you can work on.

P.s. The game music is way louder then your mic you might want to adjust that for next time. I know you're having trouble with the quality but the sound thing would really help us hear you better.

Actually I run speed on Barrel on the Pike, but doly noted lol. I know about the difference of turning apparently I got lazy with the rolls lol. That happens from time to time with me will try to fix.

Also Xi'ao glad I could entertain you :D.

Edited by tunewalker

Solid play, not much more to say about it. Proactive use of the Directionals, not running out of power, making full use of Barrel Roll for burst of forward movement (the only justification for BR), and so on. Drak pointed out how often you are yawwing and that's suboptimal, but you still completely outclassed your opponents.

Only comment about the video itself, much of your commentary is very hard to make out over the music and sound effects.

Edited by MiaowZedong

Hey drak, wanted to say thank you, have been noticing in my own play and watching that video, I am taking WAY less whoopsie damage from directionals and that is increasing my survival A LOT. kill efficiency hasnt changed, but when survival goes up good things happen. So thanks again.

Hey drak, wanted to say thank you, have been noticing in my own play and watching that video, I am taking WAY less whoopsie damage from directionals and that is increasing my survival A LOT. kill efficiency hasnt changed, but when survival goes up good things happen. So thanks again.

You're welcome and that's awesome! If you're looking for more things to practice there is always getting DO's as soon as they spawn too. That will help you're kill efficiency. :)