The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Give purpose for choosing light side or dark side points suggestion

Venatoreo

So I have been enjoying SWTOR for a few months now, rolling a Jedi Shadow (Serenity) and loving it as it plays very close to my death knight on WoW. After finishing chapter one I did some research as to exactly what is the purpose of choosing light side or dark side choices through out the game.

Unfortunately my findings resulted in finding there really isn't a purpose other than what you wish to buy from either vendor of each side.

My suggestion to give it more meaning would be to change the demeanor or at least the one self healing ability as one starts to lean more to one side or the other. For example, on my Jedi consular, the imperial counter part is an inquisitor. As a Jedi consular who leans towards the dark side, their meditation ability can be retrained as channel hatred. Possibly say when the consular reaches dark side level 2 the trainer will unlock the channel hatred skill allowing role players or even purists to enjoy a more immersive experience on their characters if they should choose to go to the dark side on their republic characters or vice versa. With the current light side dark side system as it is now, seems there's not much meaning behind the decisive choices that gives some incentive to lean one way or the other.

TL:DR

Possibly implement light side or dark side choices to impact the character in some cosmetic way such as a Jedi consular who went dark side be able to use channel hatred to allow a more immersive experience of going to either side.