The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT tank is fun

Saikochoro

So this is no way saying that pt tank is OP or anything. Just relating fun experience to see if anyone else has had the same. My friend and I both have pts that we usually run AP in, but we wanted to switch it up. He happens to have tank gear as well as DPS, but I only have DPS gear. So we both decided to run an evening of regular war zones as a double tank combo. I have to say it was really fun. I picked up the talents that increase the radius of flame sweep and increase its damage as well. If there weren't any healers on our team we took turns swapping guard on each other and taunting and jumping into a mob of the entire enemy team. We got focus pretty hard, but we cleaved them with firestorm which actually hits decently hard. Between that flame sweep and oil slick we basically had the entire enemy team aggroed the whole time while the rest of the team sat back and free casted into the mosh pit while a couple others capped nodes. I ended one match with 800k damage and 350k protection. My friend had like 600k damage and 420k protection. Neither of those numbers are spectacular, but it was fun keeping aggro on the whole team the whole match and repeatedly hitting them with firestorm.

Anyone else having fun with pt tank?

So this is no way saying that pt tank is OP or anything. Just relating fun experience to see if anyone else has had the same. My friend and I both have pts that we usually run AP in, but we wanted to switch it up. He happens to have tank gear as well as DPS, but I only have DPS gear. So we both decided to run an evening of regular war zones as a double tank combo. I have to say it was really fun. I picked up the talents that increase the radius of flame sweep and increase its damage as well. If there weren't any healers on our team we took turns swapping guard on each other and taunting and jumping into a mob of the entire enemy team. We got focus pretty hard, but we cleaved them with firestorm which actually hits decently hard. Between that flame sweep and oil slick we basically had the entire enemy team aggroed the whole time while the rest of the team sat back and free casted into the mosh pit while a couple others capped nodes. I ended one match with 800k damage and 350k protection. My friend had like 600k damage and 420k protection. Neither of those numbers are spectacular, but it was fun keeping aggro on the whole team the whole match and repeatedly hitting them with firestorm.

Anyone else having fun with pt tank?

Well, it's always been fun playing a PT tank in pvp. Having a pull and gap closer with physics immunity fits the role well.