Annihilation / Carnage / Fury discipline highlights

Belphegorn

I am a returning Marauder player (yeah, I know... :( ) and the skill overhaul is still a bit confusing to me. I cannot get the information from the in-game discipline descriptions so please, shed some light on the matter.

What type of damage are Annihilation, Carnage and Fury providing? Which is burst, which is DoT, which is single target and which is multi-target? Can the disciplines actually be labelled this way...?

I am a returning Marauder player (yeah, I know... :( ) and the skill overhaul is still a bit confusing to me. I cannot get the information from the in-game discipline descriptions so please, shed some light on the matter.

What type of damage are Annihilation, Carnage and Fury providing? Which is burst, which is DoT, which is single target and which is multi-target? Can the disciplines actually be labelled this way...?

Annihilation (DoT based spec) should be putting out the highest DPS on fights where you do not have a whole lot of movement. The top numbers i've seen so far are around 4.6 K (This is probably not the best or the highest capable. This is from my network of friends who play the spec and are around full 192 geared.)

Carnage (Burst/Raw Damage) will 'generally' be your next highest. Carnage has great burst potential and a killer AoE rotation that (In my opinion though i have yet to compare) could potentially stand toe to toe with Fury's.

Fury (???) is a spec i have yet to do heavy testing with. From what i can see it still generally plays the same as the pre 3.0 variant with some adjustments to make it more competitive. I wont speak to much on this as my knowledge on it is lacking and I would not want to fill your head with false information.

As for 'Overhaul' I have no clue what that is. Where are you seeing that at?

Note: I main a Combat/Carnage Sentinel however i do have a Marauder and do understand Watchman/Annihilation spec though nowhere near as proficiently. I do also have a Combat/Carnage Guide up on the forums incase you're looking to get into something immediately feel free to check it out (though it is all Jedi lingo)

Guide: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=785316

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I know this post is a month old. I still haven't seen any posts to clarify the difference between Fury and Carnage, hence the reason for the somewhat necro post.

Would like others take on the main diffrences between the two from experience if possible? Which one has better burst, AoE and sustained DPS? That's the main thing's I am curious about. I made a Mara 2 years ago (Patch 1.7), played for a month, then put the game down for 2 years. I would like to get back into a Marauder and so far I am a lvl 20 Carnage w/Treek.

Edited by Sphillipe

Sorry, I know this post is a month old. I still haven't seen any posts to clarify the difference between Fury and Carnage, hence the reason for the somewhat necro post.

Would like others take on the main diffrences between the two from experience if possible? Which one has better burst, AoE and sustained DPS? That's the main thing's I am curious about. I made a Mara 2 years ago (Patch 1.7), played for a month, then put the game down for 2 years. I would like to get back into a Marauder and so far I am a lvl 20 Carnage w/Treek.

Anni: Dot-spec, sustained damage, uses smash for dot spread though.

Carnage: sustained/burst spec. good burst in gore window, sustained damage outside of it

Fury: Burst/aoe spec. Becomes quite effective in the role once you gain force crush (for destruction stacks).