Strongs are still too Strong by Far and Lag!

Karellan

So, I just got my bump handed to me by two Strongs in game. For one, they're three levels below me and both my companion and I are in iLevel 124 gear plus with me mostly having iLevel 140 mods. What gives? This isn't an isolated incident either. It's happening on all of my toons. I also popped Heroic moment and still got squashed. There was lots of lag going into the area, but none during the fight. Is the lag problem and this never going to be fixed?

• 2 weeks later...
This is still the case. Just experienced this on another character where I was facing off against two strongs who were two levels below me. Had to come back and level up to be three levels higher to get to the area I needed to.

I've still never experienced the problem with strongs, they've never been an issue for any of my characters, but the lag is still horrible.

I've been playing a free trial for WoW the last few days, and when I logged back in to SWTOR and played Yavin/Rishi its like night and day. I love this game, and I think it does a lot of things way better than WoW, but man performance sure isn't one of them.

So, I just got my bump handed to me by two Strongs in game. For one, they're three levels below me and both my companion and I are in iLevel 124 gear plus with me mostly having iLevel 140 mods. What gives? This isn't an isolated incident either. It's happening on all of my toons. I also popped Heroic moment and still got squashed. There was lots of lag going into the area, but none during the fight. Is the lag problem and this never going to be fixed?

Given the gear level you are talking about I am assuming you are either still around level 50 - 55 or you are wearing gear to low for your level. If you are sub 55 then try different strategies like using stuns and sleeps or AoE abilities. Check your abaility rotation and make sure you are doing what you need to get the best DPS you can.

If you are level 55 and up try getting more level appropriate gear as well as different tactics.

I have a ton of characters -- over 40 and have been with the game since the beginning. I've observed this on any of the ones I've played. It's not from not knowing how to play -- it's from Bioware having tweaked things far too much. There's no reason that two strong 2, 3, 4, or 5 levels below me should be any issue.

I have noticed strongs being stronger then elites, i actually feel safer when facing 2 elites, then i do when facing 2 strongs.

I mean strongs are easier to kill, then elites, but strongs to far more damage then elites......the way this game's combat system is done, its 'kill as fast as possible or die' type of thing, so if you don't kill them in 5 seconds, you take MASSIVE damage, or die.

I have noticed alot of players skipping quests to stay within the level bracket of the quests and i think that is a HUGE mistake, this isn't wow, where you can do that, swtor is far less forgiving when it comes to gear and levels.

I have been able to stick with level 9 gear until level 17, which is when i have enough commendations to upgrade my gear to level 17, then its level 25, then 33, then 41, then 50, then 55-56 and i do ALL solo quests, if there are players around, i also do the heroic +2 quests, i do a flashpoint and a tactical flashpoint once per day for the commendations.

Sometimes the quests go gray, but thats fine, i am more into story, then challenge and if the players do ALL the solo quests at the very least, they will be between 4-6 levels above the quests and i also recommend doing a flashpoint and a tactical flashpoint each once per day for the commendations, that is pretty much 30 per day from the flashpoints alone.

Ever since 3.0 went live and the commendation conversion, if i do the flashpoints each day and all the solo quests, i can have totally enough commendations to keep my gear updated, but i make my own armorings, so i suggest you do that, it requires you to have scavenging, cybertech and underworld trading.

This will remove the requirement for help doing class quests, which is see ALOT of, even today, i check their level and they are 2 levels before the class quest, i just can't understand why they skip the solo quests, i mean sure some players hate the story and just space bar through the best parts of the game, but why skip the quests entirely? it only screws you over in the long run.

Also, no one helps other players do class quests, so do not skip side quests, this will severely diminish issues with strongs.

Yeah, guys, please don't pull the 'you must be undergeared/playing wrong' thing on this guy. Bioware's staff openly acknowledged in Silvers = Death that silver mobs are doing way too much damage at the moment.

Are we talking about the new content or pre 55 stuff? Because I have not done any pre 55 stuff since 3.0 so I would not know if its bugged there.

But I've leveled 4 characters to 60 and several more to high 50s on Rishi and Yavin, and never felt like any silver mob did any sort of threatening damage to any class or role.