The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech thoughts

Moriam

I played around with both Advanced Prototype/Pyrotech and these are just some thoughts that I had concerning both classes.

Advanced Prototype:

Strengths: Burst, Deals a good deal of damage from range

Cons: AoE is meh, and lackluster dps outside of Shoulder Cannon/Energy Burst

I cannot understand why everyone is complaining about this tree in pvp. Sure with your Shoulder Cannon you can dish out a lot of damage in a short time, but I cannot literally take someone from %100-0 even if I do mix in other abilites. And without Shoulder Cannon, the our damage is meh.

I do really like the hardiness of the tree, but wish it had more AoE capabilities. Explosive Dart just does not cut it, and the cooldown on Death from above is still a tad too high. I would like to see Death From Above's cooldown brought down some more, maybe to a 30sec cooldown and the panic effect on Explosive Dart removed.

Also Shoulder Cannon with the heroic utility which grants 5% hp is stellar.

Pyrotech:

Strength: Better dps, better AoE

Cons: Lacks survivability, short range

I like the sustained dps of this build much more. The AoE damage from the build is also pretty good. I just cannot live for long in PvP with this spec though. Kolto Overload sucks as a defensive cooldown. I think we should get some ability which grants hp back based on damage done. Maybe give us 25% hp back on our flamethrower damage or something.

I would also like to see Incendiary Missile have more of its damage front loaded, so we could have an ability reliably deal damage from range.

Edited by Moriam
Words

Umm...damage is still superb without shoulder cannon or cell burst. You still have extreme burst. I can take 20-22k from someone in one global with TD + rail shot. Mag blast hits pretty hard (usually 5-7k for me). I wouldn't call that lackluster or anything. AP also has a good mix of white and yellow damage. This is all from a PVP stand point. I don't know about PVE sustained or parses or anything like that. My encounters in PVP don't usually last longer than 15 -18 seconds at the very most. Even with shoulder cannon on cool down and before I had cell burst.