I'm not too sure I understand why everyone says Marauders suck in PvP

LtBombshell

You can cancel the channel without losing the stun and you can move while channeling, so it's effectively an instant. As I've understood it from what Musco said, the only reason it's still a channel is so the animation would play properly; basically, the channel is purely cosmetic.

Anyone who says it's not an instant has just completely misunderstood how it works.

than have the devs remove the channel from the ability. I been around long when people saying something is just cosmetic they are full of crap. There isn't misunderstanding on how it works it just the devs need to be held accountable for making sure that the Is are dotted and the T are crossed.

My main is a Sentinel and I watched this AC go from class that was feared to the laughing stock of the ACs. Devs don't care because none of them run a Sentinel/Marauder everyday like majority of us players do.

Edited by Ramtar

Now even weathered Veterans are not able to compete. I was happy reaching 2nd place in the random PuG 8mann Match before 3.0 concerning the DPS. Now it is just not possible, even with a pockethealer zero deaths and zerging like hell. A Sent can´t reach them by far.

This is BS. I'm not saying marauders don't have issues. I think they could definitely use some help. But the above statement is a complete exaggeration. I done hardly anything, but PVP before and after 3.0, and I've seen marauders top the charts several times. Even in matches with sorcs and sins. Not saying they weren't healed. Not saying they don't need help. But what you said there is just flat out wrong.

than have the devs remove the channel from the ability. I been around long when people saying something is just cosmetic they are full of crap. There isn't misunderstanding on how it works it just the devs need to be held accountable for making sure that the Is are dotted and the T are crossed.

My main is a Sentinel and I watched this AC go from class that was feared to the laughing stock of the ACs. Devs don't care because none of them run a Sentinel/Marauder everyday like majority of us players do.

I think its more that Marauders have a real weakness now. The only thing that's saved people from my Mara in PvP so far is distance. If they don't manage that, they're toast. When their purge ability is on cooldown and their forcechoked, it's over. Maras might be fish in a barrel at range, but in melee distance, they slaughter.

This is BS. I'm not saying marauders don't have issues. I think they could definitely use some help. But the above statement is a complete exaggeration. I done hardly anything, but PVP before and after 3.0, and I've seen marauders top the charts several times. Even in matches with sorcs and sins. Not saying they weren't healed. Not saying they don't need help. But what you said there is just flat out wrong.

Yo piss of Gunslinger *looks at the pic*

Give me Screens^^

Note: I have not yet played a marauder in PvP post 3.0

I mean, we have Predation, Cloak of Pain, Force Camouflage, Saber Ward, Undying Rage, in addition to Obfuscate, Force Choke AND Intimidating Roar. This is without even mentioning PvP medpacs and stims.

Compare this to a Commando, who has Reactive Shield and Adrenaline rush, a knockback, a stun, and a snare. 8 defensive cooldowns/defensive utilities versus 5.

So my question being, if Marauders have 8 DCDs/utilities without even counting PvP medpacs and stims, how do they suddenly suck so much compared to pre 3.0? Is there some huge nerf their DCDs got that I'm not aware of?

the bolded part makes you lose all creditability sorry but unless you played sent/marauders for alot of time in 3.0 pvp you arent allowed to talk about it sorry but just the way it is

As with other threads similar to this topic i HIGHLY suggest you post this in the proper forum area (PVP forums). You'll probably get more discussion on the topic and more people who are hardcore PVP to answer your questions. That is no way belittling anyone who has posted on this thread, just pointing out there is an actual PVP forum area for this type of conversation mate :) Edited by Bahadori

As with other threads similar to this topic i HIGHLY suggest you post this in the proper forum area (PVP forums). You'll probably get more discussion on the topic and more people who are hardcore PVP to answer your questions. That is no way belittling anyone who has posted on this thread, just pointing out there is an actual PVP forum area for this type of conversation mate :)

Actually, a lot of posts in the PVP forums are from trolls. The class forums are a much better place to post than the PVP forums for class specific questions.

Yo piss of Gunslinger *looks at the pic*

Give me Screens^^

Scoundrel not gunslinger. I have to admit gunslinger versus marauder is lol easy though. So is scoundrel versus marauder. Not denying marauders need help. But they can still top damage charts. Saying otherwise is exaggerating the problem.

Sadly I don't have the screens. I didn't think I would need them. You'll just have to take the word of a complete stranger with a smuggler avatar as true :)

Edited by Saikochoro

Suppose I should contribute to this abomination that I've created.

Having played about 10 or so games on my marauder (Carnage) I think I'm starting to understand where some of the frustration is coming from. Getting stunned right after activating Gore is annoying or activating Gore than getting snared and not being able to use Devastating Blast and Vicious Throw because they've since moved out of range does start to tire after a while. Regardless, I've still had a lot of fun with my marauder.