Legacy of the Rakata HM Flashpoint: bug in final encounter (Arkous and Darok)

jasoneth

In the final encounter of the Hard Mode version of the "Legacy of the Rakata" Flashpoint where we fight Darth Arkous and Colonel Darok, it seems that the Impale debuff (blue circle) that is cast by Darok can be applied to Jakarro, the NPC who assists in the encounter.

The consequence of this is that when Jakarro is fighting Darok and gets the Impale debuff, if Darok then grapples in another player with the Impale debuff, the player is instantly killed when their blue circle overlaps with Jakarro.

We tried killing Darok first, but the above scenario still occurred. We also tried killing Arkous first (given that the Impale debuff indicates it's Arkous's electricity that arcs between Impale targets), but it made no difference to the fatal result of overlapping Impale circles.

Given that an encounter really shouldn't have an insta-death mechanic that is unavoidable by player actions, I'm guessing that Jakarro should never receive the Impale debuff.

The best strategy for dealing with this bugged encounter is to focus down Colonel Darok first. This removes the blue circles (Impale) debuff from the fight. However, this reduces the window in which you can get caught out (as described above), though doesn't eliminate it.

• 1 month later...

Note that this encounter remains bugged as described as of Patch 4.0.2a.

It'd be *really* nice to get this fixed at some point! Every group I'm in now burns Darok first, and we battle rez anyone killed when they have Impale and Darok grapples them in while an Impaled Jakarro is beating on him. If it's the healer and there's no other battle rez, the group tends to wipe.

An unavoidable insta-death mechanic is no fun. :(

I'm pretty sure that they already put some things in place to fix this issue. Whenever Jakarro receives a blue circle, he immediately switches to Darth Arkous, and only goes back to Colonel Darok after the circle is removed.

Now, as long as you kill the bosses in the right order, you should not have any problems with it.

I'm pretty sure that they already put some things in place to fix this issue. Whenever Jakarro receives a blue circle, he immediately switches to Darth Arkous, and only goes back to Colonel Darok after the circle is removed.

Now, as long as you kill the bosses in the right order, you should not have any problems with it.

When I did the fight early this week, Jakarro received the Impale debuff (blue circle) and kept on beating on Darok, even though Arkous was still up (because the group was focusing on Darok). A player with the blue circle got grappled in and insta-died.

I'm guessing that what you observed was just coincidence; Jakarro does seem to randomly switch between them, regardless of whether he receives the Impale debuff.

Workaround: If Jakarro gets the blue circle, stand at the edge of melee range with Darrok and you will not get pulled.

That's awesome! Makes me wonder if that's what they intended, but presumably not. Stopping Jakarro from getting Impale makes much more sense.