Fury/Concentration Short Guide.

g_mK

I’ve written a small guide for the Sentinel/Marauder Fury/Concentration spec:

With the changes made to the pre 3.0 Rage/Focus skill three, there hasn't been many changes to the spec, however there are a few to note:

1. Smash has been nerfed. Smash in no longer your main attack and has no place in the rotation of single target dps, however do not remove smash from your quick bar since it is still useful when you have 2 or more targets

2. Focused Burst/Raging Burst: This is your new main damage dealer and replaces smash during the single target rotation.

3. Concentrated Slice/Furious Strike: This is a new ability that is used twice in the rotation and it will become your second biggest damage dealer.

4. Twin Saber Throw: this skill no longer generates focus for the fury/concentration discipline and due to the lowered damage is no longer used in single target dps. However just like smash it can be used as a filler during AOE situations.
  5. Rotation:

With this rotation I've been able to do 4143 dps on 1mill dummy with 186 gear, old set bonus, 192MH and 198OH.

Contemplation for 30 stacks of fury/centering

• Zen

• Force Leap(adrenal-VC-Inspiration)

• Focused burst

• Force Exhaustion

• Master Strike

• Concentrated Slice

• Zealous Strike

• Zealous Leap

• Focused Burst

• Blade Storm

• Slash

• Concentrated Slice

• Slash

• Zen

After this you enter a stable rotation that repeats itself every Master Strike. Even if only 3 ticks of Master Strike were to hit generating 3 centering, you should be able to zen every other Focused burst.

Whenever you have 2 or more targets then you should replace Focused burst and one slash with Twin Saber Throw.

Note on execute phases:

With the introduction of concentrated slice into the rotation there is little room for dispatch during sub 30% phases. Dispatch will replace one slash in the second half of the rotation.

Edited by g_mK

I have a quastion. Why should we try to squeeze Force Exhaustion in heightened power window?

I think we can use Force Exhaustion a bit later, but before Zealous Leap ofc. Doing this we can guarantee that Concentrated Slice have a place in heightened power window. And we can also put hard hitting Blade Storm in that window. Something like this:

Contemplation for 30 stacks of centering

• Zen

• Force Leap

• Focused burst

• Master Strike

• Concentrated Slice

• Blade Storm

• Force Exhaustion

• Zealous Leap

• Focused Burst

• Zealous Strike

• Slash

• Concentrated Slice

• Slash

• Zen

English isn't my native language, so please excuse any mistakes :p

I have a quastion. Why should we try to squeeze Force Exhaustion in heightened power window?

I think we can use Force Exhaustion a bit later, but before Zealous Leap ofc. Doing this we can guarantee that Concentrated Slice have a place in heightened power window. And we can also put hard hitting Blade Storm in that window. Something like this:

Contemplation for 30 stacks of centering

• Zen

• Force Leap

• Focused burst

• Master Strike

• Concentrated Slice

• Blade Storm

• Force Exhaustion

• Zealous Leap

• Focused Burst

• Zealous Strike

• Slash

• Concentrated Slice

• Slash

• Zen

English isn't my native language, so please excuse any mistakes :p

I do so out of force of habit. You can always get CS on a heightened power window if you clip MS, also in the rotation you just listed, using ZS inside the heightened power window is a dps loss.