The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard 3.0: Plasmatech vs Tactics (PvE Leveling Focused Thread)

Aeradom

I saw that someone put up a thread in regards to these two classes, but much of the chatter was concerning PvP which isn't something I'm interested in at the moment. For the moment, I'm really looking for a build that I can use to level from 55 to 60 and then to do dailies with. (I'll more than likely Vanguard Tank for FPs and Raids as I did prior to my hiatus). The consensus from that thread seemed to be that Tactics was the preferred spec for PvP and I'm just curious if that applies as well to PvE.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

(Here's the link to the PVP thread if anyone is interested in that: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=781574 )

It really makes no difference overall, Tactics gets the better Mortar Volley + Sticky, Plasmatech gets the better Explosive Surge with the DoT built in, with the monster Pulse Cannon coming later (lvl 40). Your best bet is to buy field respecc and hop between as often as you like. Learn both specs that way :)

Tactics is single target burst while Plasmatech is multi-target pressure.

Since you're 55, and soon to be 56, you have most of the best parts for both specs.

Use Plasmatech for mobs and Tactics for bosses if you have field respec.

Otherwise burn all the things in plasmatech to be faster.