The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Level 28 Powertech help

Deadinmysights

Just curious what the proper way to run a Bounty Hunter Powertech is PvE. I'm getting my butt handed to me against the bosses usually. What mercenary should I be using? What skills and in which order should I focus on?

I usually solo, but on a lot of the end fights it's taking me several times and deaths to get the job done. It's not uncommon to kill one of an enemy, die, and then come back to finish the other(s).

Well, at 28 you have a few companion options... Mako, Gault Rennow, Treek, and HK-51. If your asking for help, more than likely you dont have Treek OR HK-51.

First, i need to know what Discipline you are running.

If your running Shieldtech, you are a tank, and should run any companion except a Tank Companion (Blizz, Skadge, and Tank stance Treek) you should also be using Ion Gas Cylinder.

If your running Advanced Prototype, you are a Bursty Melee DPS and should run with Mako, Tank Treek, or Healing Treek.

If your running Pyrotech, You are a Dot heavy Melee DPS and should run with Mako, Tank Treek or Healing Treek.

Next, read the tooltips for ALL of your discipline passives and actives, and from there deduce what skills should and shouldnt be on your hotbar. And past that you should be fine.