Holostatues, where to get?

WolfyZack

Hi!

I've looked up guides and on the game and I keep seeing trails of Holostatues, these mobile class trainers. But when I try to find a way to obtain them I simply can't.

When I tried to find out myself where to get them I was told they could be obtained from Black Market Cartel Packs or Crime Lord's Cartel Packs from the cartel market.. but they don't seem to exist anymore.

So how can I get them?

I know that you can buy them from the GTN but has the way the player obtains them vanished? And by that I mean is there only the existing amount holostatues fixed to amount that players have in the whole server?

Thanks!

A couple of the reputation vendors in the Cartel Bazaar sell them. But unfortunately you need to have reputation points (I believe from the packs they originally came from). So unless you already have enough reputation, this is no good to you.

Every now and again old packs come back on sale for a while. If you can't afford GTN prices, this is your best bet, either getting lucky with a drop from a pack, or getting enough rep from buying packs to get them directly from the vendor.

Going the route of the old packs will lead to spending either a lot of real life money or large amount of in game money. It will most likely cost you more in game money to buy the packs for a holostatue than to buy one off the GTN.

Unless you're a very lucky person, the best place to get one is the GTN. That's where I got mine (a couple months ago). Prices normally fluctuate between 1-2m credits, but will occasionally dip below 1m. I got mine for about 800k each, but I've seen them as low as 500k in the past few months. That said, the 500k price was around the launch of Strongholds and a lot of non-Stronghold GTN items took a large price dip. Unless you're willing to wait for a long time, I'd look to pull the trigger if you see them in the 700k - 900k range.

If you've got a toon to level 50, you can start doing the Black Hole dailies. These only take 15 minutes and can earn you about 75k per day. Do these for a couple weeks and you've got your money.

As a side note, there is also the Dr. Oggurub (sp?) statue that is no longer obtainable. It was a bonus for pre-ordering the RotHC expansion.

Edited by NYYankee

A couple of the reputation vendors in the Cartel Bazaar sell them. But unfortunately you need to have reputation points (I believe from the packs they originally came from). So unless you already have enough reputation, this is no good to you.

Yeah looked it up.. its the contraband packs that are not avaiable anylonger.. but heard that they do come back from time to time?

Going the route of the old packs will lead to spending either a lot of real life money or large amount of in game money. It will most likely cost you more in game money to buy the packs for a holostatue than to buy one off the GTN.

yeah that seems like a waste of money.. though don't have any experience when it comes to getting reputation from packs? is that as much of a money stealer? because it seems if the contraband pack would return you would need friend status with the contraband resale something.

If you've got a toon to level 50, you can start doing the Black Hole dailies. These only take 15 minutes and can earn you about 75k per day. Do these for a couple weeks and you've got your money.

Ohh nice! well just a new player with 2 chars and the highest being 17^^ but I guess that is my best bet. At least I'm good at doing my research and gonna try and do some crewskill gtn selling as well.

yeah that seems like a waste of money.. though don't have any experience when it comes to getting reputation from packs? is that as much of a money stealer? because it seems if the contraband pack would return you would need friend status with the contraband resale something.

To get enough reputation, you'll have to buy multiple packs. The individual packs typically cost a few hundred cartel coins on the cartel market or 200k-400k in game credits on the GTN. I don't buy packs that often, so I can't give you an exact estimate, but you'll need at least half a dozen (likely much more) which puts you at about the same amount of in game credits that a couple statues cost from the GTN. That's the best case scenario though.

If you have the real life money to spend on packs, a better alternative is to buy the packs and sell them on the GTN. As noted above, you can usually get 200k-400k per individual pack. Selling a few of these on the GTN can get you the money to buy a statue off of the GTN. This is a more reliable route to go as the packs can contain a variety of things and you may have to buy quite a few to get what you want.

Ohh nice! well just a new player with 2 chars and the highest being 17^^ but I guess that is my best bet. At least I'm good at doing my research and gonna try and do some crewskill gtn selling as well.

The big thing is to save money and not spend it if you don't have to. If you save, it's easy to have 1m+ credits by the time you're getting close to endgame on you first toon. This is helped even more by the recent removal of ability training costs.

I realize this is still far off for you. Unfortunately, there is no good, quick way to make the type of credits you need without having a higher level toon.

I'd advise caution with crafting. While it can potentially make you a lot of money in the long run, it is very expensive to get into and it takes some time to figure out what sells and how the market behaves. Consider focusing on gathering skills (e.g. Scavenging, Archaeology) or mission skills (Slicing) as these can provide materials to be sold for profit (or in the case of slicing, direct credits).