Patch 3.0.0a broke Camera Rotation Speed setting

deaday

Since this very last patch I no longer seem to be able to set a camera rotation speed that fits. I kinda remember being able to set the rotation speed to any value between 0% and 100% before, which was fine. However, since the update I'm only able to set it to 4 discrete values:

• 0%
  • 26%
  • 52%
  • 77%

Yes, even though the slider goes from 0% to 100% I'm not even able to drag it all the way to the right (strange).

This is a shame because 0% is somewhat too slow for me while 26% is already ridiculusly fast to the point of spinning me around 3 times (!) at the flick of my wrist.

I have sort of found a workaround, though it's not very practical, but you only need to fiddle with it once and then you're set.

Under <X>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings find <accountname>_Account.ini, where <X> is the letter of the drive your Windows is installed on, <username> is the name of your Windows user and <accountname> is the display name of your SWTOR account that you use to log into the client. (This is assuming Vista or newer. On XP the path is different, but I couldn't tell you what it is exactly).

Open the file with a text editor and look for Controls_CameraRotationSpeed. The value of this will be one of 0.1, 1.1, 2.1 or 3.1 +/- some error, corresponding to 0%, 26%, 52%, 77%. 100% would be 4.0 but you can't set that with the client at the moment.

You are free to set this to any value between 0.1 and 4.0. If you remember your old setting you should be able to use the following formula:

Controls_CameraRotationSpeed = <CameraRotationSpeed> / 25.641 + 0.1;

where <CameraRotationSpeed> ranges from 0 to 100.

I recommend that you set this when the client is not running, as you'd neet to restart it anyway to start using the new rotation speed.

Edit: do not change Camera Rotation Speed in the client preferences after you've set this, otherwise it will revert to one of the 4 possible values.

Edit #2: corrected name of parameter in INI file.

Edit #3: add highlighting to hopefully make post easier to read.

Edited by deaday