Watchman / Anni improvement

Ardarell_Solo

Thank all of you for your opinions and contributions in this thread.

<- A special farewell to D'han who seems to actually leave the game for frustration with this spec. That's really sad!

(See what I did there, buddy? ;-)

Also Xenphon, thanks for your additional thoughts and evaluation of the other specs, I agree on every part!

Reading through, I get the impression most of the Sents/Maras are pretty much on the same line when it comes to evaluating what's happened with Watchman / Annihilation.

I just wish we could also get any kind of comment from Devs as to "working as intended" or "we're rethinking at the moment but nothing specific to share yet" or "we mustn't even tell you wether we're rethinking". Just... anything.

But hey, it's Christmas, so who knows if wishes might even come true :-)

Either way, I wish you all merry annihilating/watchmanning (?!?) and the best of holidays. And don't forget to Force Melt your neighbour's snowman (ok, bad joke)

Cheers,

El'ethon

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo...

Holidays are over and I'm hopeful Devs will take a look at our class forum and see what we've collected here. In addition I'd like to point all of you guys following this thread to a very good analysis and improvement suggestions that Emperor Norton (formerly known as the world class Sentinel "Macedonicus") has done in THIS THREAD.

*crossingmyfingers*

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

What i would quite like them to do is, do away with the second dot but buff the dmg of cauterise/rupture to make up for the loss of rend but have it on a cd system similar to before and for a new ability give us a new dot spread smash/sweep like what vengeance has that does higher dmg and is free to use which spreads the cauterise dot. or even leave a second aoe dot..

IDK just throwing it out there.. i mean you could accuse this is being too similar to vengeance but with stronger dots but considering watchman atm is basically a gimped version of serenity/hatred... :p

Looking at it from a pure numbers prospective, watchman falls behind hatred/serenity in warzone dot spec wise mostly because our aoe to spread the dots hits for what... 3k? while deathfield/fib hits for like 6-7k. This is why hatred/serenity will always outperform watchman/anni numbers wise in a pvp wz environment even though the specs are pretty similar. (even if we don't take cds into account)

Vengeance/vigilance is hitting pretty high numbers because of the new smash it has as well 7-8k crits on that and it spread dots also...

TLDR give us a better aoe dot spread ability because thats the main weak point (excluding the obvious survivability and control issues people hvae touched upon) compared to other dot specs in pvp atm.

I totally second all that! ;)

• 2 weeks later...