The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Quest Help] Lvl 17 Bounty Hunter Stuck With "The Melee"

strathoundtwo

I am hoping someone here could help. I cannot get past "The Melee" so I'm not able to progress, leaving me stuck on this rock. I've searched for possible solutions to the problem. Some have suggested that Mako is the problem. So I've tried sending her on a scavenging mission just before entering the instance. I've also tried following one person's recommendation to drop off the platform and let everyone shoot each other. No matter what I do, the second the fight starts, all the other bounty hunters attack me and me alone whether I fire a shot or not and regardless if Mako is there or not. I've tried running around the room trying to isolate a single bounty hunter at a time. But they run around in a pack and the second I stand my ground, I'm dead.

I opened a ticket on this yesterday but haven't heard back. Any suggestions? Could I have too many light side points or something and that aggros everyone? Does everyone have this same experience?

It took a million tries, but I finally beat it. YOU HAVE TO BRING IN ANOTHER PLAYER TO ACT AS A MEAT SHIELD!. Only then was I able to beat the mission. Have them attack any of the other hunters(but not the lady was is automatically aimed at you), then you focus on the girl, then finish the rest off.

So yeah, I finally got past this one. I should apologize to the community. I was wrong. The problem wasn't the quest, the problem was how I was trying to complete the quest. I had also read the posts that said that Mako was the problem. So I tried at least 10 times after sending her away. I finally got a response back from support that was extremely vague that lead me to believe they were trying to tell me that the quest was possible. So that's when I thought about it some more and realized that the quest wasn't sending Mako away, she was in the room with me. So maybe I was supposed to cheat and "use help" despite the fact that the guy says "no help from others" in the quest. That would be the sort of thing a bounty hunter would do.

So I tried it. And I noticed that when I had Mako with me, she attacked the others on the platform and died. But then I realized that the mobs who came after me were way more hurt than any other time, possibly because of friendly fire from attacking Mako. I died. But tried it again. The second time, they killed her but I was better ready for them when they showed up. I took them out one by one and got through. It is important to drop off the platform so that you can solo them when they come after you. But the quest is totally possible. Good luck to those that follow.

Edited by strathoundtwo
typo

I ran into this problem on my new char.

The Problem = Mako

Why? Mako attacks prior to the other mobs. This causes them to focus fire instead of attacking each other as they should.

Workaround:

Dismissing Mako does not work! If you simply dismiss her she will spawn into battle with you regardless of sending her away.

Send Mako on a crafting or gathering mission. This will ensure she does not spawn with you into battle.

This way she won't be the first to attack and thus will cause the mobs to focus on each other in a free-for-all battle.

You will have one silver attacking you initially and that's it. The fight is a tiny bit tougher without Mako but definitely do-able.

I told some other Bounty Hunters in general chat as multiple of us were having the same problem. The same workaround worked for them so I can confirm that it worked for multiple people

Hope this helps :)