The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Near-humans in the Empire

Uodalricus

I have posted a thread in the Spoiler section of the Story and Lore, but I think one particular point perhaps deserves a wider discussion (well, I am definitely quite interested in learning more about it), so let me re-post this particular, spoiler-free (I hope so, I don't think that general NPCs reactions to PC race are spoilers at this point) section.

We can make several near-human species by using Human race in the Appearance Creator. Now, would these near-humans (Echani, Umbarans, Kiffars, Hapans, Lorrdians etc.) be treated like Humans in the New Sith Empire? I am talking about those near-human species actually descended from baseline humans.

If you make a near-human character like that, using Human race in the Appearance Creator, all Imperial NPCs react as they would to a human PC. From Imperial class lines and other story lines we know that the Empire is pretty much humano-centric, although that is beginning to change (errr...is that a spoiler?... no further details here anyway).

Anyone levelled, say a Miralukan character on the Imperial side? That is a distinct "race" in the Creator, so how Imperial NPCs react? That might answer the question whether the New Sith Empire treated most near-humans (actual near-humans, those descended from baseline human stock) like humans. Of course Chiss have a place of their own here, but they are visually quite distinctive from baseline humans, even more than, say, Umbarans. It could still mean that Imperials might react differently to different near-humans - so even if Chiss and possibly Miralukans (although I would think that they are treated by Imperial NPCs just like humans, simply by virtue of being a legacy race unlock for Imperial side, so yeah, game mechanics here) get their own specific reactions, Umbarans, Hapans and others may get different more prefential treatment (if only by virtue of game mechanics - as we are rolling with Human race as far as the Appearance Creator is concerned).

It would be cool if CC unlock White Eyes would give some reactions from Imperial NPCs, along the line of "Hey, you human or what?" with them being not sure whether to treat PC as a human or an alien (for Umbarans and Echani). That would be cool and it would add a level of RP realism. So far they treat white eyed PC the same as humans, so we can probably infer that the New Sith Empire treated at least some of near-human species the same as baseline humans.

Edited by Uodalricus