F2P credits cap should be increased samy way as credit prices(rewards) are

ShawDou

Hi all,

i was thinking about the credit cap for F2P and prefered, i think most of you will agree than it is the most restricted thing from all F2P restrictions.

I wery much understand that there need to be some cap to limit credit sellers and long time i had no problem with actual one. But since the firts numbers was created CREDIT as a currency lost its value a lot. I think i will not exaggerate saying that "1 CREDIT" back when all was 50 level was in economically way worth much more (like 2x or 3x more) than "1 CREDIT" now at lvl 60 and i believe it is makeing thinkgs VERY hard for F2P people or prefered one, maybe too hard and sure harder than BW intended at first place.

People can earn much more money in much faster way so everithing cost much more, but F2P still have same small wallets.

Just please think about it, if you will not agree there is nothing we can do, but i think increasing caps by few hundred thousand credits would help the game much more than it could harm. And you can always go back if it is bad idea ;)

Other idea is that you can make some sort of Loyalty program for people who already paid you a lot and played a lot like subs. They will not be gold sellers for sure and if yes than reports and accout ban will stop then and they will lost all Loyalty points. It is just another idea, feel free to add your own, but think it is time for some change in this area.

Sorry for my english it is not my native language. And to be clear i love game and have no problem pay for it (got REVAN for early acces), but dont have so much time to play each month a lot so i pay only from time to time. And when i get into game as prefered during these busy months the credit cap is really bad and will be worse now.

Edited by ShawDou

Hi,

which particular items do you find hard to buy? Do you mean the GTN stuff or in game costs like ability training costs, etc.

-Point for the GTN stuff is if the f2p and pref limit is raised for e.g to 500000 or 1 million that means that there will be more buyers available which will in turn prompt sellers to increase the cost further (beyond the new limit) so there's no point really increasing the cap.

-For the in games costs like ability training, repair costs, legacy unlocks etc. the Cap is sufficient to get most of the useful stuff, Things like lvl3 speeder training cost being above the f2p Cap are intentional to force them to buy cartel coins/unlocks.

So apart from the above pts. is there anything else you find that requires an increase in cap for?

P.S: I'm also a pref who subs sometimes.

Hi,

-Point for the GTN stuff is if the f2p and pref limit is raised for e.g to 500000 or 1 million that means that there will be more buyers available which will in turn prompt sellers to increase the cost further (beyond the new limit) so there's no point really increasing the cap.

This is not how it works. SWTOR GTN economy is for sure not based on F2P caps. It is about how many credits you can earn by game mechanics. If you can earn more credits, you are willing to pay more for items on GTN and vica versa but if you want to talk number lets show you some real data. And to make it more relevant lets talk about things that are specialy for F2P people: UNLOCKS.

Right now on GTN is almost NOT single one unlock under 350k. When makeb was starting and even after makeb went free for subs which is about year ago. You could buy many unlock items on GTN under 350K.

All of these items could be found under 350K: Server character slot, Inventory module (account), GTN slots (account), Display names (account), Sometimes even races unlocks and artefact character unclocks and many more.

Now their cost is MUCH higher, like artefact CHARACTER unclocks now cost 1,8 mil, you could bought artefact ACOUNT unclock for 1,5mil back then.

I dont remeber exact moment when price changed, but it started with makeb and continued with oricon gear. People become more powerfull and was able to get more money from fast dailies and other things.

RESULT is simple people have more money and started to buy items for higher cost => ration CC/credit changed. So 1 CC(cartel coin) now cost more credits => all CC items on GTN cost more than before => new F2P people cant buy any unlocks, so they cant enjoy game more and might left much earlier.

Also now all CC economy works only for subs becouse it is not worth buy unlocks and sell them on GTN noone buys them, (more than half of items in unlock category is now Hyper packs)

So F2P now gives BW even less money because they dont buy unlocks, simply because they CANT, you see the logic they CANT buys items DESIGNED for THEM because they cost more than they can HOLD in their pockets.

And it will became even worse with skill const removed and lvl 60 quests rewards (you can get 30k from one security chest on rishi)

350K caps was OK when you needed few DAYS to get 350K, it is NOT OK when you need few HOURS to get it. And i think only BW hams themselves with it.