Cash flow

DarthMemnock

Right off, sorry if this has been asked a ton of times already, but what are some ideas to bringing in cash to pay for my crafting, etc? I'm doing missions and selling junk loot of course but more is going back out to pay for my companions to level me up in some professions. Just would like to know what others are doing to get some extra scratch...

For me, It was a little tight paying for all the crafting in the beginning, but once I got it up to about 250 or so it became profitable. I used warzones to pay for the missions to get mats and such when my character was in his teens and starving for crafting cash.

While I've not earned any money off my profession yet (And honestly, with Biochem, I don't think I will till endgame), I have found that I break even making my items in comparison to actually buying an equivalent but inferior item. That, and I actually probably saved money over spending money at the Galactic Market by the Treasure Hunter Mission perk, when you consider the equipment upgraders

I realize not all Character Skills are equal in these regards. I hope that things do turn around for the OP sometime in the future. However, while I have run low on funds, it's more due to training and storage upgrades than it has been about anything else.

Well I am actually positive cash flow on crafting, and all I do is vendor the items.

As long as you use the gathering profession that matches your craft, you should rarely need to buy any materals other then the little odds and ends required from the crafting merchant.

I actually found that by testing the sale price on crafted items (some are better cash cows then others) I could make more credits from vendoring a crafted item then what I could sell the mats for on the GTN. So even if I have low level mats laying around, I'll craft them and vendor the results. Hilts in Artifice is a good example. They take very few mats vs the vendor price. Each craft probably has similar vendor cash generators in the recipe list.

The other thing is... I went gathering professions for my main and feed all the gathered items to alts, each with it's own crafting profession. I have been skilling them up and making a good amount of credits in the process. I have a 20 main, and several alts in the low teens and I'm sitting at around 250K credits across all characters now. Some of that is from leveling but a lot is from vendoring crafted items off of mounds of gathered materials.