Reverse engineering chance "bugged"

varietasplus

20% chance of getting a schematic says item description.

If that is so, it should not take 15 attempts to get a prototype version of an augment or a hilt.

The chance for that is 0,8^15 that equals 3,52%, which may happen in a player's lifetime once or twice,

but it happens to me with every 5th item (sometimes more than 20 attempts).

The reason for this is probably an unfortunate loop in random number generating (since real RNG does not exist),

so I would like to suggest to change the method of getting a schematic by requiring a given number of reverse

engineered items rather than this irritating RNG or simply add a hidden counter that automatically grants a schematic after let's say 5 attempts.

P.S.: this problem has existed from the very beginning and I am still not convienced that success is not related to item/character level.

Edited by varietasplus

Honestly, I wouldn't say ~3.5% is in the "once or twice in a lifetime" range. It happens. I've had times where schematics dropped off the first RE and then others where I almost went insane trying to get a schematic because it took 20+ RE's to get it. It's just random chance.

If it was bugged it wouldn't necessarily surprise me but I feel like if it was it'd be a lot more noticeable. As in, like, you'd almost never get schematics ever.