Great Beast Hunt rewards (192 companion offhands)

Kryand

So [DAILY] The Great Beast Hunt, where you kill She Who Greedily Devours, is apparently the place where you are supposed to get companion 192 offhands. However, companions that dual wield (blasters or sabers) do not have an offhand reward here. Instead, it gives you their main hand again (I say "again" because there are already multiple quests that give companion 192 main hands).

I assume this is an oversight, as I don't see why a quest that is clearly meant to reward you with companion 192 offhands excludes some companions, and gives you their main hand instead.

And no, it's not one of those weapons that can be both a main hand and offhand - it's main hand only. Maybe it was supposed to be both.

Edited by Kryand

Also on the Enemy Within there is no 1hd saber so Azshara gets screwed.

Another oversight is that both the Devoted Allies Defense Vibroblade and Devoted Allies Assault Vibroblade have defensive stats. The Assault needs to be fixed.

Also, both of those Vibroblades have TERRIBLE stats. 33 Str and 89 End? *** kind of insult is that all the other weapons have around 250ish for each of the main stat and endurance. Pretty much makes those useless.

Edited by worsin

There's also no mainhand for Agent's companion Vector. Edit: I was wrong. There is one.

Regarding the offhands: They could simply add a "Offhand" tag to the lightsaber and blaster, so our comps could dual wield them.

Edited by Sindariel

• 3 weeks later...
I can confirm that it has been 20 days and this issue still isn't fixed. Looking at the quest rewards right now in game. If we could try and reply to this and bump it, write more tickets, something to get a moderator or dev's attention. Edited by Jrtyson

Also, I noticed that the lightsaber received from Great Beast Hunt with the other offhand weapons is only able to be wielded by Ashara while the lightsaber received from the Enemy Within with the other mainhand weapons is able to be wielded by Ashara and Lord Scourge. Which means it was meant to be an offhand only for Ashara but was mislabeled as a mainhand weapon.

• 2 months later...
I like using Bowdaar as my tank he works really well for me I am really disappointed that in over a year nothing has been done with this report to fix the obvious oversight of certain companions being left out of the 192 gear. This should be fixed there is no excuse why it was purposely done in the first place.

I like using Bowdaar as my tank he works really well for me I am really disappointed that in over a year nothing has been done with this report to fix the obvious oversight of certain companions being left out of the 192 gear. This should be fixed there is no excuse why it was purposely done in the first place.

What do you mean?

http://i.imgur.com/ob2Dyyc.jpg

Do the quest with the correct character that has the companion

Yep, the only gear that will come up is gear that is usable for the companion types that the player has. For example, some tank companions use AIM gear and some use STR gear.....so you need to run it with a character that has a similar type of companion for the gear you want.

Or on class that has companion who uses the same item. In Bowdaar's case you can use Sith Warrior (Broonmark).

It's a bit weird that the item in my image can be used by only Bowdaar and Broonmark even though Scourge and Khem also use Str. Scourge and Khem share same shield if I remember correctly.

Edited by Halinalle

Or on class that has companion who uses the same item. In Bowdaar's case you can use Sith Warrior (Broonmark).

It's a bit weird that the item in my image can be used by only Bowdaar and Broonmark even though Scourge and Khem also use Str. Scourge and Khem share same shield if I remember correctly.

If you didn't notice, the shield for Bowdaar and Broonmark is bugged since it has Tech Tower instead of Force Power.

Bioware just ****ed up, again.

• 1 year later...