Jung Ma: I didn't even effin see you, man!

TitusOfTides

Hello,

I am a new player, although I have been following the game very closely since before launch (just now finally got to play this game!). I was thinking of writing up an organized thread here, but my thoughts are so scattered that I'm just going to throw bullet points at you all in hopes some of them get replied to!

1) Almost level 30, haven't run into any Republic players yet (just left Dromund Kaas and knocked out Bolivia (not the planets name, but surprisingly its one I'm not familiar with) and about to do the same with Nar Shadaa... am I just on Imperial heavy worlds or is it a population issue?

1a) About half way through the side quests on Dromund Kaas I realized that the 12x class mission XP was about to fade. I haven't done any side missions since Dromund Kaas, and I am wondering if I should go back to the respective planets and finish the side missions?

1b) (Redundant) What is the population like on this server (RP, PVP, Imperial, Republic)? I always see good amounts of people in each planetary zone, and I checked some sever status site and it was pretty high up on the rankings for PvP servers pop-wise, but I would really like to get some actual feedback on this.

2) Trying to get some friends to try F2P. Are all servers available to F2P? If not, is this one?

3) I'm a Sorc and my GF is a Sin, and while I have two dots she only has one. Right now she's in Madness for DF (I CL she DFs), but I am curious as to the parasitism skill... is this useless for her? I mean, it only affects the SINGLE DOT ability she has right now... does she get more... or is this just... kinda pointless? I might be missing something here.

...I could have sworn I had more questions, but I just can't remember them right now. I will undoubtedly post more later.

Edited by TitusOfTides

You are correct in the fact that republic players can't go to Dromund Kass and Balmora has two separate versions of it which take place at different times in the timeline. Imperial Balmora and Taris will not have republic players. Nar Shadaa will but it's fairly segregated. After NS you should start seeing more Republic players.

Hello,

1) Almost level 30, haven't run into any Republic players yet (just left Dromund Kaas and knocked out Bolivia (not the planets name, but surprisingly its one I'm not familiar with) and about to do the same with Nar Shadaa... am I just on Imperial heavy worlds or is it a population issue?

What Lithy said.

1a) About half way through the side quests on Dromund Kaas I realized that the 12x class mission XP was about to fade. I haven't done any side missions since Dromund Kaas, and I am wondering if I should go back to the respective planets and finish the side missions?

Side quests are side quests for a reason. They don't interfere with the main storyline at all, so if you don't do them you aren't missing anything. If you enjoy doing them, eat your heart out.

1b) (Redundant) What is the population like on this server (RP, PVP, Imperial, Republic)? I always see good amounts of people in each planetary zone, and I checked some sever status site and it was pretty high up on the rankings for PvP servers pop-wise, but I would really like to get some actual feedback on this.

Pretty sure this server is the lowest or second lowest population wise in NA. I'm sure that number will increase though as people come back to the game for 3.0. Rishi had tons of people on it last night, 2 instances, and we're in prerelease.

2) Trying to get some friends to try F2P. Are all servers available to F2P? If not, is this one?

All.

3) I'm a Sorc and my GF is a Sin, and while I have two dots she only has one. Right now she's in Madness for DF (I CL she DFs), but I am curious as to the parasitism skill... is this useless for her? I mean, it only affects the SINGLE DOT ability she has right now... does she get more... or is this just... kinda pointless? I might be missing something here.

You can mostly see this in your skill tree when you press 'K', which is now a Discipline tree instead. As a Madness Sorc you're going to have Affliction, Demolish (replacement for Crushing Darkness) and Creeping Terror. As a Hatred assassin, your girlfriend is going to have her Lightning Discharge, Demolish and Creeping Terror. And Parasitism not only works off your DoTs but also off of Death Field and Leeching Strike (the assassin version of Force Leech.) So no, not useless at all.

...I could have sworn I had more questions, but I just can't remember them right now. I will undoubtedly post more later.

Wurd.

Edited by Aetrus