The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Fan Animation?

Rhavank

Salutations,

I ... am something of a student quality 3d artist/animator and I am interested in making a SWTOR fan animation. I have learned through years of experience working on such projects not to depend on others to complete it.... but I was wondering if there would be a large interest in a fan animation. It is a huge under taking to create every character in 3D and to put it all together. While I am not primarily a 3d modeler, I have some skill with it... and I am learning more on my own to really make things shine.

I guess my question is do you think the SWTOR fan base would be largely interested in an animation film? Not sure how much longer than 5-10 minutes I want to go... depends on the depth of interest to be honest... also my animation experience does not exceed 10 minutes... which is a lot of render farm renting. I cannot make the same skill level as Blur Studios did for SWTOR...

But I love SWTOR and Star Wars in general. I am really inspired by the comics that lead up to SWTOR's release. While the whole thing I make would be original, it would be set during SWTOR. Just trying to gauge interest as that is what is going to carry me through when the excitement wears thin during the hard parts of any fan project.

Most of my animation work is propriety of those I did it for.. but here is a 3d model example:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/discordia/ateam/One/example_art.png

Respectfully,

Rhavank

Do you have a screenplay? Sounds like a good idea. According to your post, your expertise is the animation. Make sure you get allot of help from audio engineers, voice actors, writers, etc. I would love to see a SWTOR animation. Story is always more important than the animation, so make sure you don't settle on story. Don't settle on voice acting.

One of my favorite animation projects is Four Tanks and a Healer. The animation isn't the best. But the story and the voice acting is extremely entertaining for a gamer to experience.

Good luck!