3.0 Dps leaderboard Ideas

dragonrand

Hey y'all I already have some ideas for 3.0 such as requiring AMR, switching to Google docs, increasing the amount of people for each class etc. but I wanted to know if anyone from the community had any other ideas for things they would either like or not like to see. :D

You should give 5m creds to whomever holds the top spot for their class for over 3 months :p

Though in all seriousnes, the changes seem nice and welcome. Only thing I'd add in addition is sort of an honorable mention section for each class with a spec that doesn't make the top list. Like for Commado, if the top 5 are all assault you can add an honorable mention for a Gunnery spec mando parse

Sorta like they do here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao-urXta1qC8dEFNTlMzVnJHVVpDNDUwZ3lmVkVOcWc&usp=drive_web#gid=11

The presentation of the current format is nicer than the Google doc, but also a pain to maintain, I imagine. Maybe have the top 5 + honorable mentions still in the forum thread? Then there's a lot less maintenance work to do forum-side. The Google doc seems like it would simplify things greatly otherwise, and provide a good level of detail for everyone.

AMR profile makes sense. Representing other specs should also be easier with the Google doc approach - people can just look for those specs within the list.

It wouldn't suck to have the raw logs available somewhere. Sounds like torparse is improving their infrastructure a lot, but a backup is always nice, and then if there are issues, it's easy to look at a graph using StarParse or whatever desktop clients are kicking around by that point. I'm not sure if there's a good, easy way to handle that though. A single parse attempt would fit into Pastebin, but that'd require either trimming or relogging between attempts, and I haven't tested that to see how usable it is. Something like Dropbox is easy, but not everyone will have an account - and if people are already needing to create and maintain an account/profile on AMR, that seems like it might not be worth the extra hassle for people. So I guess I'm leaning towards not worth it on that one... but it would be nice.