Question (and a point) about Resuables

Mccordrm

Right now, having Biochem on adventuring toons is the way to go. Not having to pay for the (almost mandatory) Stims and Adrenals by using the purples is awesome, but require having Biochem maxxed.

At the same time, that sucks. I created alternate toons who's only job is crafting because of this.

I'm curious if 3.0 is going to change that, either by removing the skill requirement to use the purples or by removing purples.

I don't use stims on any character but tanks while leveling, and only rarely have reason to use medpacks on non-tanks after the starter world.

That said, I hope that no one takes away my leveling reusables while leveling. I'm all for stockpiling blues at level cap, but I need my reusables until then to avoid Biochem being a terrible money sink (well, besides what crafting implants already is).

I have never felt a need to have biochem while leveling or at end game for the sole purpose of having reusable consumables. I have one biochem character and yes she had reusable consumables but more often than not while leveling I completely forgot about them. On all my other characters, the only time I use stims and adrenals is in progression operations (i.e. NiM content; and even then I occasionally forget :o).

My point is that if you depend on reusable consumables you are probably doing something wrong. Are they helpful when used? Yes. Are they "required?" No.

Actually, if I'm correct (not near my gaming computer right now), the purple meds are less effective than the blues as a tradeoff for being reusable. So, technically, you'd be better off with the alts to have one maxed biochemist making blue stims/adrenals/medpacks and just have the alt work on harvesting materials of opportunity as they quest.

• 2 weeks later...
I am less concerned about the stims than the adrenals. The big advantage to biochem was the ability to use reusable adrenals. Now? This is incredibly frustrating.

/sarcasm on

OMG the world is ending. You no longer need every raiding character to have biochem purely for reusables

/sarcasm off

All this change really means is that spamming a stim every 2 hours and spamming an adrenal every 3 minutes is no longer viable strategy; OMG you actually have to think about when to use your adrenal.:p:p:p

Although, one could keep the existing reusable stims and adrenals (they are not going away, they will simply be less potent than the best available at level 60), and spam them for non-progression content (where every little bit does not matter as much).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.