Current "Best" Sentinel Spec for PvP?

jedishadowred

I'm coming back after a year, trying to pick up a sentinel again. Last time I played, focus was still pretty strong, but I guess it got nerfed?

What's currently good? Are they all viable? Any predictions on what'll happen with 3.0?

Edited by jedishadowred

From a PvE standpoint, all classes and specs are currently perfectly viable. For sentinels, it really just depends on what flavour of DPS you want -- Watchman for short dot effects, Combat for high burst phases between decent fillers, or Focus for AoE. The best sentinels switch specs on a fight-to-fight basis.

Edit: Disregard, no relevance for PvP.

Edited by DogeDandolo

From a PvE standpoint, all classes and specs are currently perfectly viable. For sentinels, it really just depends on what flavour of DPS you want -- Watchman for short dot effects, Combat for high burst phases between decent fillers, or Focus for AoE. The best sentinels switch specs on a fight-to-fight basis.

Did you not see the word PvP in the title?

Anyways. for PvP it all depends on team composition and how long you feel like surviving. If you want to last long and still kill people go for Watchman. If you want the best damage, and dont care about surviving long then learn how to play Combat and you will kick ***, Focus spec is not currently viable unless your in a 1v1 situation or are in need of kiting someone, or possibly Arenas.

tl;dr, Watchman or Combat is best, Focus is situational.

I would have to say the burst specs, Carnage (Combat) and Rage (Focus) are substantially better for PvP than Annihilation (Watchman).

Carnage is definitely the harder of the two to play and your burst is reliant on 4.5 second windows (after using your Gore/Precision Slash Ability), whereas the burst from Smash/Force Sweep when in Rage spec is much easier to utilise and isn't so restricted as Carnage.

Try both specs and choose the one you feel the most comfortable with :)

I personally prefer Carnage, but I often spec Rage from time to time if I feel like it.

Edited by Horano_Heresy

I'm coming back after a year, trying to pick up a sentinel again. Last time I played, focus was still pretty strong, but I guess it got nerfed?

What's currently good? Are they all viable? Any predictions on what'll happen with 3.0?

In my opinion combat is the current strongest spec for PvP. 3.0 is going to change everything though and you will probably see a return of smash as the primary PvP spec for the sentinel. Smash and Watchman are both still viable for regular warzones though.

If you're running solo, I'd recommend running Watchman. If you're running with a healer, run Combat. Aside from that; Watchman is the better pressure specc and better at dealing with healers/casters and Combat just explodes people if you line everything up in your PS window properly. Try both, stick with whatever you prefer.

If you're running solo, I'd recommend running Watchman. If you're running with a healer, run Combat. Aside from that; Watchman is the better pressure specc and better at dealing with healers/casters and Combat just explodes people if you line everything up in your PS window properly. Try both, stick with whatever you prefer.

Combat also has much better tools for dealing with kiters. A good ranged player is very tough for a Watchman player to pressure currently, although that will be changing with 3.0

In my opinion combat is the current strongest spec for PvP. 3.0 is going to change everything though and you will probably see a return of smash as the primary PvP spec for the sentinel. Smash and Watchman are both still viable for regular warzones though.

I would have to agree that full Combat/Carnage is the strongest spec to putting up the 1m+ damage. I run a Watchman/Combat hybrid because it currently offers the best of the abilities that I want. Big DPS numbers are great, but the bottom line is the win.

Edited by Ramtar