Need help with class choice

Frenesi

Might as well post it here.

Trooper stream left me in disarray. I have my AP powertech as role representative for all the RP stuff. I haven't leveled a trooper yet, but planned to roll gunnery commando. Problem is, i hate the looks of new AP skills. And i can't see my powertech as pyro, + i don't like DoTs. Another part of the problem is, i have my doubts about mando. IMO, special forces should be mobile, not standing as turret with huge assault canon (that's, once again, more of RP problem then actual gameplay).

So, i have been thinking about switching PT/mando to VG/merc. While tactics animations are just as terrible, i can totally see trooper as plasmatech. But it's DoT. And arsenal merc shares mobility problem with commando, also i will need to re-level it :rak_09:

I need help in making final decision. What disciplines suit this pair of classes better in your opinion?

Would you rather play a semi immobile class with a BFG or 2 tiny guns? Standing still makes more sense with a BFG than 2 tiny pistols in my opinion. And this is coming from someone who currently is VG/Merc.

I agree with this. if you're willing to look at the RP differently, think of the Commando as the heavy gunner of the team. they tend to be less mobile, and rely on their teammates to provide cover while they dish out the big damage from their huge cannon.

I made my commando a male type 4 (the weapons grow with the body), and his current cannon is huge. very fun to blast things with. Plus were getting a bit more mobility come 3.0...one of our biggest "ground stickers" will be castable on the move.