Serenity versus Balance

Khantalas

Disclaimer: 3.0 isn't out yet, not enough information to go on, NDAs, etc. etc.

That said, it is appearing highly unlikely either side of the current Balance/Madness tree will see massive nerfs or style changes at this point, so I feel like asking about the current situation will help me gauge the 3.0 situation sufficiently that I won't immediately regret my decision when the time comes..

For RPing purposes, I want to start a Balance specced Consular or Madness specced Inquisitor. The problem is I don't know how the two advanced classes compare in this particular tree. On the one hand, I like the thought of twirling around my suicide stick and I have so far consistently performed better with melee DPS than ranged. On the other hand, I can't help but envy Sages and Sorcerers for their ability to spam TKT/ Force Lightning without any cooldown (even if it isn't efficient in group content, I can get my fill by killing mobs on Act 3 planets), and in fact am saddened my Lightning Sorcerer is worse at throwing endless bolts of lightning than Madness. Currently. all else being equal, I'm leaning towards whichever works better in mobility-intensive situations, but I'm willing to take any advice from both sides of the divide.

Thank you all in advance.

i am currently leveling a Sorcerer and im a mobility freak so to say.

i find that while leveling a mix of madness and lightning is pretty decent.

went madness to unlock the insta crushing darkness and then all the way in lightning wich gives plenty of insta proccs.

example :

opening fight fight force lighning untill three stacks wrath, then crushing darkness, again lightning then at 3 wrath lightning strike insta, that one proccs the insta chainlightning rinse repeat.

cant tell how it will be in endgame but it sure levels nicely.

In 3.0 Serentiy (Shadow) will be more mobile as Balance is getting a 1.5 cast that they expect you to use in rotation and you need to channel Tk throw anyway. Serenity also gets to retain some burst via Spinning Strike whereas Balance looks to do very good DPS but will have more trouble in burst than it does now. This is because many of the damage boosts to TK throw and FiB have been removed or nerfed.

But I give the same answer to these choice questions: ROLL BOTH! :jawa_biggrin:

(I practice what I preach BTW, I have a 55 of all six Consular specs. :jawa_tongue:)