Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Beniboybling

This is why I also think using TOR game ships shouldn't be used, due to actual lack of canon info.

I agree, but at this point there is only so much you can do.

I'd like to try and give a fighter analysis here. I'm sure someone has all the specs for them, so that's not what I'm doing, I'm going to compare them in a format that compares their more ambiguous qualities on equal footing.

I'm ranking each on a scale of 1-10 for each category then compiling their score. I'm taking into account the tech boost, and giving an honest evaluation on their characteristics. 1-flying bucket of scrap, 10- Best of the category

Shielding/Armor:

1. X-83 (a fighter with shielding and armor comparable to a light frigate...) 9/10

2. BT-7 (best ever for its time boosts it quite a bit, and it is a larger vessel equipped to elite forces) 8/10

3. B-wing/E (better than a Y-wing which was known as a "well shielded craft" and better than the typical B-wing) 7/10

4, tie. CF9 (famous for its durability and designed specifically to take a beating and keep going) 5/10

4, tie. T65XJ X-wing (It is low, not because it has poor shields, but the superiority of its competition) 5/10

6. I4 Ionizer (described as being equipped with "light shielding" due to its weapon system. Solid build but shield are helpful) 2/10

Maneuverability:

1. X-83 (surprised? I was too, but everything I've read has convinced me that this is the most maneuverable fighter here.) 8/10

2. CF9 (balance was the name of the game on the CF9, so a little maneuverability was lost) 7/10

3. T-65XJ X-wing (an improvement over the old T-65, for its day it seems to have had superior maneuverability.) 6/10

4. I4 Ionizer (Based on the Y-wing's frame, I'm guessing it had similar handling issues. That still merits it a spot above the B-wing.) 4/10

5, tie. B-wing/E (god awful to fly. I've played X-wing vs. TIE, read all the X-wing books etc... and this thing is like flying a brick.) 2/10

5, tie. BT-7 (A small freighter will never compare to a fighter's maneuverability. And that's ok because it was never meant to.) 2/10

Firepower

1. B-wing/E (this is where it is meant to shine) 9/10

2. BT-7 (A freighter, yeah this is obvious) 9/10

3. I4 Ionizer (those ion guns/torpedoes) 8/10

4. X-83 (more torpedoes, powerful lasers) 6/10

5, tie. CF9 (more guns, better arrangement than the XJ)4/10

5, tie. X-wing (better payload than the CF9) 4/10

Special Characteristics. That unique aspect of the ship that gives it an edge

1. I4 Ionizer (specifically selected for its X-factor, the ion gun and torpedoes it bears will decimate any enemy capital ship and wreak havoc on starfighters. 10/10

2. BT-7 (Electromagnetic pulse and overcharged shields are a big boost) 9/10

3. X-83 (superior quality in production and quirky droid-adaptation that gives better fighter responses in combat) 6/10

4. B-wing/E (gunner's position makes this a deadly weapon along with it's awesome sensor system) 5/10

5. CF9 (the greater range of their lasers is quite an advantage) 4/10

6. T-65XJ (extra torpedo tube) 3/10

Oh, and looking at this, you should have specified the B-wing/E Sel, as it was a superior fighter. As is, you got an overpriced paperweight that isn't much better than a Y-wing.

When ranking as a whole I tallied all the scores and this is what I got.

1. X-83 (29)

2. BT-7 (28)

Now this makes sense, these are the "elite" fighters, but edge goes slightly to the X-83

3. I4 (24)

4. B-wing/E (23)

5. CF9 (20)

6. XJ (18)

This suggests that the CF9 is slightly superior to the XJ (by two points) and that the Ionizer is slightly superior bomber than the B-wing (1 point difference).

If anyone can think of a category I should add to this analysis, feel free it'll help make this comparison better.

In its current state, I'd say 2 points is close enough to be a negligible difference.

Edited to allow for the B-wing/E instead of the B-wing.

Edited by StarSquirrel

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were just as many fighter wings as ground squads, in an ideal world I'd want 500 but honestly We'd have to ask Beni.

Not asking for 500 thunderclaps btw, just saying about the wings.

Well, how many hangars does the Viscount have? And I'm referring to the small 3,000 meter one. I don't think it has hundreds of hangars.

Well, how many hangars does the Viscount have? And I'm referring to the small 3,000 meter one. I don't think it has hundreds of hangars.

Don't know.

If the Viscount (17km) has "hundreds" then I assume the scaled down one has a Scaled down amount? Hundreds is vague anyway, Idk.

Either way it's not the only way they can be deployed.

So Sel, my analysis has been adjusted for the B-wing/E and it seems all the fighters are within the 2-point margin of error I set for the ranking. This suggests to me, that we're talking equality in fighter quality with an edge (if one must be given) slightly towards the Resistance's fighters.

Again though, they're about equal.

Luke and Mara converse about it.

"But the temple... I can feel energies from it like never before." - Mara

"It has been broken into... only an agent of evil could do this." Luke

"Why?" - Mara

"Someone wants to bring darkness to the temple, defile and control it. No Jedi would need to resort to violence here."

"Jedi? no... the Dark Side." - Tahiri

Source? Only Google results of this quote was... this topic. You forging quotes again? :rolleyes:

Edited by MarcheseAMM

Because I am great and just, here is the actual part that mentions the Temple and energies.

"Luke swam out of a sea of-not pain, not shock, but something between exultation and complete confusion. His back was against a mound of rubble, and his wife and the girl were beside him. He couldn't remember their names, or his own.

Red fluid dripped down upon his shoulder. He craned his neck to look up and saw a body on the mound above him, that of a human man. Its right arm was missing and blood poured down the rubble below, one stream of it pooling and then dripping onto Luke.

Luke. That was it, Luke. And Mara and Tahiri. And the Yuuzhan Vong, and Nyax. Luke rose, saw his lightsaber a few meters away, and yanked it to him with a casual display of the Force. It struck his palm with far more energy than he'd intended, and he dropped it again.

Then he saw Nyax, standing beneath the hole in the black wall. The hole, one of the construction droid's wrecking claws still within it, was twenty meters up. Nyax danced on the pile of rubble beneath it. His was the uncoordinated, artless, dance of a child. It was a dance of joy.

Mara rose beside him. Luke had known she was unhurt.

"Force energy," she whispered.

This must have been a wellspring of it, he thought. The old Jedi Temple must have been built above because it was here. They were guarding it. And guarding the planet from it.

Nyax finished dancing. He turned to look at the Jedi. His expression was so full of uncomplicated happiness that it seemed impossible that he would ever try to hurt them."

---Star Wars New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines 2- Rebel Stand (The Real Version)

Edited by MarcheseAMM

Your obsession with me is disgusting, besides I found two others with the same collector's edition.

The quotes I used were apparently from cut transcripts that never made it far into the development of the game, simple as that.

Oh and that quote I provided was not from the novel but from the Reader's Guide.

But carry on purposefully trying to destroy our Kaggath.

So a few things I'd like to point out that have been missed:

1.Every ship in my fleet can bring all of it's weapons to bear in a forward direct arc right into the enemy fleet and probably has at minimum a few minutes before the enemy can return fire.

2.The Imperious took on seven Pallaeon class-destroyers and nine Fast-Frigates at once before the shields even began to decrease, that is around 1,000 turbolasers/ion cannons of firepower.

3.So how does the Viscount get this Isotope-5 right off the bat? I thought any supplies had to first be delivered on site before they can be deployed, if we can instantaneously apply things to our ships then I'd like my Imperious-class to straight away be given a cloaking device from KDY, so it can Anakin Solo it's way through the rear of Sel's fleet.

4.I thought leaders weren't allowed to leave the planet, if they can then Nomi Sunrider joins the Imperious and straight up BMs her fleet directly.

In regards to Mace Windu:

Power level:

Mace Windu is the equal of Count Dooku, is one of only two Jedi that can compete with Sidious, and is second only to Master Yoda:

"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor," Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't got all beat up, he could've beat the Emperor."

- Source : George Lucas, The Making Of Revenge Of The Sith; page 204

Nick Gillard : We didn't see Mace fighting yet, but we know that he is second only to Yoda...

- Source : Star Wars Episode II: Action Featurette

He seems to be the second most powerful Jedi on the council, next to Yoda.

- Source : Insider #55

Among the other Jedi, perhaps only Mace Windu would have been his (Count Dooku) equal on neutral ground.

- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But surely, Master Windu," Obi-Wan had said, "you, with the power of Vaapad or Yoda's mastery of Ataru-" Mace Windu had almost smiled. "I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light. Master Yoda's Ataro is also an answer to weakness: the limitations of reach and mobility imposed by his stature and his age.

- Source : Revenge of the Sith Novel

This is the moment that defines Mace Windu. Not his countless victories in battle, nor the numberless battles his diplomacy has avoided. Not his penetrating intellect, or his talents with the Force, or his unmatched skills with the lightsaber.

Say what you will about the wisdom of ancient Master Yoda, or the deadly skill of grim Mace Windu, the courage of Ki-Adi-Mundi, or the subtle wiles of Shaak Ti; the greatness of all these Jedi is unquestioned, but it pales next to the legend that has grown around Kenobi and Skywalker.

Master Windu himself remained perfectly balanced and centered. In the history of the Jedi Order, only two opponents ever overcame him in battle. One was Master Yoda, who some said was the Order's true master of lightsaber combat. The other was former Master Dooku, whose own fighting style was archaic, yet stunningly effective.

- Source : Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

Count Dooku was born into wealth and nobility. Displaying force abilities at an early age, his parents were proud to see him taken into the Jedi Order. Yoda took a keen interest in the young Dooku. He assisted in Dooku's lightsaber training and as a result, the Padawan became especially proficient with a lightsaber. Only Masters Yoda and Mace Windu were considered to be on equal terms with him.

- Source : Star Wars Databank

Telekinesis:

It took only minutes to clear a landing zone. I had used the Force to pile some of the smaller trees, intending to kindle their damp wood with my blade to make a huge smoking bonfire, but I didn't have to; before we had even cleared the zone, three flights of gunships swarmed overhead.

- Source : Shatterpoint

*Mace Windu effortlessly destroys a group of B1s, B2s and Droidekas with a Force Wave and then crushes an AAT by slamming a durasteel gate on top of it*

- Source : The Clone Wars - Season 1 Episode 21

*Mace Windu Force Pushes an AT-TE off a cliff*

- Source : The Clone Wars - Season 1 Episode 21

Speed:

Standing toe to toe, the top of Mace's head barely came to the level of Vastor's chin, and you could have tucked Mace's whole thick-muscled upper body inside Vastor's chest with room to spare. And even hurt, lurching drunkenly, Vaster still could whip his arms in blindingly fast raking slaps at Mace's head and wounded neck. But where Vastor's speed was blinding, Mace's was invisible. Not one of those slaps connected. Before Vastor could even focus his eyes, Mace had hit him six times: two thundering hooks to his short ribs, a knee slamming hard into the same thigh he'd hit before, an elbow snapping up to the point of his chin, and two devastating palm strikes to either hinge of his jaw.

Vaapad:

Vastor's mighty arms spasmed and dropped limply to his sides. "This is called Vaapad, Kar." A fierce light burned in Mace's eyes. "How many arms do you see?"

Vaapad, the seventh form of lightsaber combat, takes its name from a notoriously dangerous predator native to the moons of Sarapin: a vaapad attacks its prey with whipping strikes of its blindingly fast tentacles. Most have at least seven. It is not uncommon for them to have as many as twelve; the largest ever killed had twenty-three. With a vaapad, one never knew how many tentacles it had until it was dead: they move too fast to count. Almost too fast to see. So did Mace's blade.

Within the public office of the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, a last Jedi Master battled alone, blade-to-blade, against a living shadow. Sinking into Vaapad, Mace Windu fought for his life. More than his life: each whirl of blade and whipcrack of lightning was a strike in defense of democracy, of justice and peace, of the rights of ordinary beings to live their own lives in their own ways.

This was Vaapad's ultimate test. Anakin blinked and rubbed his eyes again. Maybe he was still a bit flash-blind-the Korun Master seemed to be fading in and out of existence, half swallowed by a thickening black haze in which danced a meter-long bar of sunfire. Mace pressed back the darkness with a relentless straightahead march; his own blade, that distinctive amethyst blaze that had been the final sight of so many evil beings across the galaxy, made a haze of its own: an oblate sphere of purple fire within which there seemed to be dozens of swords slashing in all directions at once.

The shadow he fought, that blur of speed-could that be Palpatine? Their blades flared and flashed, crashing together with bursts of fire, weaving nets of killing energy in exchanges so fast that Anakin could not truly see them-

Mace was deep in it now: submerged in Vaapad, swallowed by it, he no longer truly existed as an independent being. Vaapad is a channel for darkness, and that darkness flowed both ways. He accepted the furious speed of the Sith Lord, drew the shadow's rage and power into his inmost center- And let it fountain out again. He was not afraid. The darkness had no power over him.

Vaapad made him an open channel, half of a superconducting loop completed by the shadow; they became a standing wave of battle that expanded into every cubic centimeter of the Chancellor's office. There was no scrap of carpet nor shred of chair that might not at any second disintegrate in flares of red or purple; lampstands became brief shields, sliced into segments that whirled through the air; couches became terrain to be climbed for advantage or overleapt in retreat. But there was still only the cycle of power, the endless loop, no wound taken on either side, not even the possibility of fatigue. Impasse. Which might have gone on forever, if Vaapad were Mace's only gift. The fighting was effortless for him now; he let his body handle it without the intervention of his mind. While his blade spun and crackled, while his feet slid and his weight shifted and his shoulders turned in precise curves of their own direction, his mind slid along the circuit of dark power, tracing it back to its limitless source.

Feeling for its shatterpoint.

Out where the shadow's fear made it hesitate. Out where the shadow's fear turned some of its Force-powered speed into a Force-powered grip on the slippery permacrete. Out where Mace could flick his blade in one precise arc and slash the shadow's lightsaber in half. One piece flipped back in through the cut-open window. The other tumbled from opening fingers, bounced on the ledge, and fell through the rain toward the distant alleys below. "For all your power, you are no Jedi. All you are, my lord," Mace said evenly, staring past his blade, "is under arrest."

Shatterpoint:

Mace Windu : I sometimes can see the weak places in an opponent—shatterpoints where the unbreakable can be broken. They can occur in individuals…and in events.

- Source : Jedi: Count Dooku

Telepathy:

Even Jedi Knights wonder if Windu could mind control them:

Rhad Tarn (Jedi Knight) : I don't trust him. I've heard about Mace Windu's mind control abilities ! How do we know he won't change our minds for us ?!

- Source : Jedi: Mace Windu

Force Cloak:

He could have killed Dooku and ended the war without Dooku knowing it, if not for Jango Fett:

My blade doesn't light the underside of Fett's square jaw. I don't waste time with words. I don't hesitate. I believe. In my dreams, the purple flare of my blade sizzles the gray hairs of Dooku's beard, and in the critical semisecond it takes Jango Fett to aim and fire, I twitch that blade and take Dooku with me into death. And save the galaxy from civil war.

I could have done it.

Combat Feats:

Easily dispatches 'the deadliest man in the galaxy':

I looked at Jango Fett on the sand in the Geonosian arena. A perfect combination of weapons, skills, and the will to use them: an interlocking crystal of killer. The Force hinted a shatterpoint, and I left a headless corpse on the sand. The deadliest man in the galaxy. Now: just dead.

Mace Windu and Asajj Ventress agree that he is superior to her:

Mace Windu : Do not assume, however, that we are equals. We are not. Neither your weapon nor your skills are enough. I would prefer you alive to answer my questions, but I will kill you if you insist.

Asajj Ventress : Oh, I have no doubt. Which leaves me one option.

- Source : Star Wars - Jedi - Mace Windu

Takes On General Grievous in an enclosed area and simply out-plays him:

Without pausing, Grievous drew two lightsabers from inside his billowing cloak. By the time they were ignited, Mace was already on and all over the cyborg, batting away at the two blades, swinging low at Grievous's artificial legs, thrusting at his skeletal face. The lightsabers thrummed and hissed, meeting one another in bursts of dazzling light. In a corner of Mace's mind he wondered to which Jedi Grievous's blades had belonged. Just as the Force was keeping Mace from being blown from the mag-lev's roof, magnetism of some sort was keeping the general fastened in place. For the cyborg, though, the coherence hindered as much as it helped, whereas Mace never remained in one place for very long.

Again and again the three blades joined, in snarling attacks and parries. Grievous was well trained in the Jedi arts. Mace could recognize the hand of Dooku in the general's training and technique. His strikes were as forceful as any Mace had ever had to counter, and his speed was astonishing. But he didn't know Vaapad—the technique of dark flirtation in which Mace excelled.

The loss of his confederates was noted by whatever computers were slaved to Grievous's organic brain, but the loss neither distracted nor slowed him. His sole setting was attack. Successful at analyzing Mace's lightsaber style, those same computers suggested that Grievous alter his stance and posture, along with the angle of his parries, ripostes, and thrusts. The result wasn't Vaapad, but it was close enough, and Mace wasn't interested in prolonging the contest any longer than necessary.

Crouching low, he angled the blade downward and slashed, guiding it through the roof of the car, perpendicular to Grievous's stalwart advance. Mace saw by the surprised look in the cyborg's reptilian eyes that, for all his strength, dexterity, and resolve, the living part of him wasn't always in perfect sync with his alloy servos. Clearly, Grievous—onetime courageous commander of sentient troops—realized what Mace had done and wanted to sidestep, where General Grievous—current commander of droids and other war machines—wanted nothing more than to impale Mace with lunging thrusts of the paired blades.

Slipping into the gap made by Mace's saber, Grievous's left talon lost magnetic purchase on the roof, and the general faltered. Mace came out of his crouch prepared to drive his sword into Grievous's guts, but some last-instant firing of the general's cybersynapses compelled the cyborg's torso through a swift half twist that would have sent Mace's head hurtling into the canyon had the maneuver prevailed. Instead Mace leapt backward, out of the range of the slicing blades, and Force-pushed outward, just at the instant of Grievous's single misstep.

Off the side of the car the general went, twisting and turning as he fell, Mace trying to track the general's contorted plunge, but unsuccessfully. Had he fallen into the canyon? Had he managed to dig his duranium claws into the side of the car or grab hold of the mag-lev rail itself?

Mace couldn't take the time to puzzle it out. One hundred meters away, the gunboat retracted its landing gear and rose from the roof on repulsorlift power. Reckless shots from one of the pursuing gunships obliged the Separatist craft to skew, then dive, with the gunship following close behind.

- Source: Labyrinth of Evil

Windu nearly kills Grievous by causing a STAP to explode, after this Dooku runs from Windu, rather than face him:

"Huh-!?" - General Grievous

*The STAP Explodes on-top of him*

"Dooku! This war ends here!" - Mace Windu

*They begin dueling*

"Ah, Master Windu still so confident that one man can change the galaxy? I am just one cog- in a massive war machine. If you kill me -- the fighting and death will continue.

Of course you won't kill me. Not today." - Count Dooku

*Dooku summons two Magnaguards*

"Wha-- You can't think these droids will stop me!" - Windu

*The droids pull Windu off the cliffside*

"No- but they will keep you occupied whilst I make my departure" - Dooku

- Source : Republic - Obsession #05

Edited by LadyKulvax

So a few things I'd like to point out that have been missed:

1.Every ship in my fleet can bring all of it's weapons to bear in a forward direct arc right into the enemy fleet and probably has at minimum a few minutes before the enemy can return fire.

2.The Imperious took on seven Pallaeon class-destroyers and nine Fast-Frigates at once before the shields even began to decrease, that is around 1,000 turbolasers/ion cannons of firepower.

3.So how does the Viscount get this Isotope-5 right off the bat? I thought any supplies had to first be delivered on site before they can be deployed, if we can instantaneously apply things to our ships then I'd like my Imperious-class to straight away be given a cloaking device from KDY, so it can Anakin Solo it's way through the rear of Sel's fleet.

4.I thought leaders weren't allowed to leave the planet, if they can then Nomi Sunrider joins the Imperious and straight up BMs her fleet directly.

3. I'd have to check the rules, but I think there is one that states suppliers can supply 'upgrades' to ships and units prior to the Kaggath.

4. Heads of State can't leave the system, but they can participate in space, as demonstrated by Gilad Pellaeon in the last match. So, yes, Nomi could feasibly be on board the Imperious-class providing support with her Battle Meditation. She would likely do so.

3. I'd have to check the rules, but I think there is one that states suppliers can supply 'upgrades' to ships and units prior to the Kaggath.

4. Heads of State can't leave the system, but they can participate in space, as demonstrated by Gilad Pellaeon in the last match. So, yes, Nomi could feasibly be on board the Imperious-class providing support with her Battle Meditation. She would likely do so.

Said Cloaking Device would be exactly that, an upgrade, so does my fleet get it or just my flagship?

Said Cloaking Device would be exactly that, an upgrade, so does my fleet get it or just my flagship?

Here's the rule:

#119 Each faction will be prequipped by any basic weapons and supplies their supplier and/or organisation can provide e.g. small arms, armor, fighters/transports, elite tech etc. and altogether anything that would be logical to have already armed. What is allowed under this ruling however will ultimately be up to the discretion of the Arbiter.

Since it is up to me, I think it would be fine if the flagship was equipped with it. The only Reborn ship getting Isotope-5 is the Viscount, so it's only fair to give just one ship a cloaking device.

Oh, and Rayla, Dooku didn't flee from Mace rather than face him. He fled because the Republic army and a bulk of the Jedi Council was coming for him. The battle was lost, staying was foolish.

There are also a few quotes that put Dooku above Mace, but we'll leave those for another time.

Edit: Alright, I'm off to bed. Play nice all.

Edited by Aurbere

Oh, and Rayla, Dooku didn't flee from Mace rather than face him. He fled because the Republic army and a bulk of the Jedi Council was coming for him. The battle was lost, staying was foolish.

There are also a few quotes that put Dooku above Mace, but we'll leave those for another time.

I was using that as a simple feat, he dispatched Grievous easily, not for the first time and then fought Dooku.

Besides that isn't a point of superiority, Mace has only ever been beaten by Dooku in sparring matches, I would say in an actual fight it can go either way.

Anyway I am going to gather my sources to show how KDY has access to Cloaking systems.

I was using that as a simple feat, he dispatched Grievous easily, not for the first time and then fought Dooku.

Besides that isn't a point of superiority, Mace has only ever been beaten by Dooku in sparring matches, I would say in an actual fight it can go either way.

Anyway I am going to gather my sources to show how KDY has access to Cloaking systems.

No problem. It's a good feat, and I agree that a fight would be a close one. Just that particular fight isn't much in either's favor.

Anyway, like I said above, I'm off to bed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.