The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds - The Semi-Finals

Beniboybling

Also please don't tell me you're trying to say this ship has 3600 fighters.

If so I might just slap the Viscount with about the same, since a military commander can forgo the extra space in favor of a larger complement, though he lacks the ability to repair Starfighters.

That was going to be an argument but even I'm not that desperate as to say a 3-5km flagship has 3600 fighters.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half awake math! ACTIVATE!

Octuples = 4 meaning 4x8=32 for TOTAL octuple firepower, not a single one, from 1 MK II. 32x5=160

heavy 50 x 5 = 250

turbo laser batteries I can not remember how many are in a battery anymore... So the equation for me right now would be A x 50 x 5 = 250A.

Additional batteries 26 x 5 x A = 130A

Heavy Ion cannons 20 x 5 = 100.

Total weapons would be approximately:

510 + 380A = weapons

If we count batteries as just another gun, then yes it is as you predicted. But I could have sworn that Batteries were more than a single gun... Even if it is merely 2, that would still put it over 1,000.

But like I said earlier, I no longer care and just want the match to start....

I specifically stated Praetor II, with link included in the PM's... Anyways, the past is the past.

Beni was right to deny it.

Most of the information in terms of its prowess was added to Wookieepedia mid July, because the sourcebook only came out on the 1st...

I specifically stated Praetor II, with link included in the PM's... Anyways, the past is the past.
Well my apologies, there must have been some miscommunication because that vessel is just fine, I would permit you to change for flagship to it if you wish.
Beni was right to deny it.

Most of the information in terms of its prowess was added to Wookieepedia mid July, because the sourcebook only came out on the 1st...

Ah, that might explain that. Edited by Beniboybling

Half awake math! ACTIVATE!

Octuples = 4 meaning 4x8=32 for TOTAL octuple firepower, not a single one, from 1 MK II. 32x5=160

heavy 50 x 5 = 250

turbo laser batteries I can not remember how many are in a battery anymore... So the equation for me right now would be A x 50 x 5 = 250A.

Additional batteries 26 x 5 x A = 130A

Heavy Ion cannons 20 x 5 = 100.

Total weapons would be approximately:

510 + 380A = weapons

If we count batteries as just another gun, then yes it is as you predicted. But I could have sworn that Batteries were more than a single gun... Even if it is merely 2, that would still put it over 1,000.

But like I said earlier, I no longer care and just want the match to start....

Batteries are 5 but I think that's just the Wookiee being dumb.

I'll check mah sourcebooks.

Well my apologies, there must have been some miscommunication because that vessel is just fine, I would permit you to change for flagship to it if you wish.

Dont feel bad, the messages were sent and decided a month before the source dictating it's weapons came out.

Oh well i was operating under the assumption that batteries was just one gun.

"In military organizations, an artillery battery is a unit of guns, mortars, rockets or missiles so grouped in order to facilitate better battlefield communication and command and control, as well as to provide dispersion for its constituent gunnery crews and their systems.[citation needed] The term is also used in a naval context to describe groups of guns on warships."

We did the math a few months back, cross referencing about 50 sourcebooks we found the best standardised unit of a battery was 5 guns per, though certain guns like the Octuples only had 4 due to power outputs.

I don't know what to say about the Imp, Starships of the Galaxy says 25 heavy Turbolasers.

/LeSigh

If Batteries = 5, then for the Praetor II this would be the equivilent numbers

Quad Heavy Turbolasers 300 (60 batteries)

Twin Medium turbolasers 200 (40 batteries)

Twin long range Ion cannon 50 (10 batteries)

Twin Ion cannons 30 (regular)

Heavy tractor beam emitters 10

weapon numbers wise, that would be well within the rules. Though due to the concentration of heavy firepower, it would still be quite the heavy hitter. More so than the Allegiance and 2 Vindicators and a few strikes/tartans it would cost...

Edited by Silenceo

Well I don't see any in the 3D image.

Well Rayla's source said it had 36 batteries.

I don't know where it was from though, it was from the 3D designer? Not sure. When I looked it up I couldn't find it, must have been an interview you'd have to ask her.

"In military organizations, an artillery battery is a unit of guns, mortars, rockets or missiles so grouped in order to facilitate better battlefield communication and command and control, as well as to provide dispersion for its constituent gunnery crews and their systems.[citation needed] The term is also used in a naval context to describe groups of guns on warships."

We did the math a few months back, cross referencing about 50 sourcebooks we found the best standardised unit of a battery was 5 guns per, though certain guns like the Octuples only had 4 due to power outputs.

I don't know what to say about the Imp, Starships of the Galaxy says 25 heavy Turbolasers.

/LeSigh

Most interesting, most interesting.

I assume that with the IMP-I and II they meant cannons, which would appear more accurate.

EDIT: And the site has decided to work for me now, yay.

Edited by Beniboybling