The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds - The Semi-Finals

Beniboybling

Are you sure? I always though Laser Canons and Heavy Laser canons were just lesser versions of Turbolasers, and that you'd need 4-ish to even equate to one Turbolaser, thus her ship is closer to 800....

Aye, not to mention the defensive str, which I mentioned should be taken into account earlier... There is also this.

#110 The flagship can be any vessel that has been classed as a “flagship” of some kind, or any model classifiable as a battlecruiser or dreadnaught. You also have the option however to not opt for a flagship, in which case you will receive a boost to your capital ship pool. Furthermore if you flagship lacks an official name, you may give it your own.

While yes, it has been a flagship before, it is WAY beyond the other classifications. Not to mention the severe power imbalance that the rules simply are not designed to cope for should such a vessel be admissible. Besides, I do believe "Super Star Destroyers" of the large variety, were banned, such as the Executor if I remember. LoT aside...

Side Note: In order to remove the Axial laser, essentially the entire spine of the ship would have to be removed. Disabling it is an option though, but I smell loopholes there.

After Thought: Though he would not allow me to use it (:() You can see if you will permit you to use this. It has most of the data needed, except of course the pesky length... Though unconfirmed sources put it closer to the 4.8k... I love that class of ship... But it is still your right as a participant to get the best you can, that you wish within the rules.

Edited by Silenceo

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am a little sad Jerec didn't get to play in the Imperial Palace like in the glory days of the Empire... The fact he is returning to Dromund Kaas... Home field advantage. :jawa_evil:

Though, I do wonder if you have worked out which faction gets what HQ yet?

After Thought: I am blind, I see them, and I am pleased.

Edited by Silenceo

While I am a little sad Jerec didn't get to play in the Imperial Palace like in the glory days of the Empire... The fact he is returning to Dromund Kaas... Home field advantage. :jawa_evil:

Ah yes I had forgotten about that, I've added BOEs to the OP.

Ah yes I had forgotten about that, I've added BOEs to the OP.

I understand why the IDD gets the Temple, but I am not quite sure why it is the fist that have the city, instead of the PH?

Though, I do wonder what the process for awarding HQ's is, or is it just random?

After Thought: I am blind, I see them, and I am pleased.

I'm pretty sure the Fist has a pretty major home field advantage. Kilran, Intelligence, Soldiers, and Warriors? Yeah, they know their way around.

I'm pretty sure the Fist has a pretty major home field advantage. Kilran, Intelligence, Soldiers, and Warriors? Yeah, they know their way around.

The soldiers, sure, but that is assuming Kilran survives his ordeal in space... :jawa_evil:

As for the others though, while it does give them a boost, I think there are certain things that will block a good deal of it.

Side Note: I remember now why the Fist has the city. Intelligence. (facepalm for forgeting...)

Edited by Silenceo

I understand why the IDD gets the Temple, but I am not quite sure why it is the fist that have the city, instead of the PH?

Though, I do wonder what the process for awarding HQ's is, or is it just random?

Dooku is a public figure, and the Fist of the Empire is very much a public faction, whereas the Hegemony exists in the shadows. I felt it would make more sense to place Dooku in a public position of government and authority, while Lumiya resides in a secluded but nonetheless well fortified location. The Hegemony is also in a better position to exploit the droid factories and other production facilities in Grathan's estate, having droids and all.

And no, it is, as you might have guessed, based on what assets will benefit who most.

As you can imagine I thought Jerec would benefit most from the Dark Temple's ancient artifacts and power.

EDIT: And as Aurbere pointed out, the Fist will feel much more at home in the Imperial capital.

Edited by Beniboybling

Dooku is a public figure, and the Fist of the Empire is very much a public faction, whereas the Hegemony exists in the shadows. I felt it would make more sense to place Dooku in a public position of government and authority, while Lumiya resides in a secluded but nonetheless well fortified location. The Hegemony is also in a better position to exploit the droid factories and other production facilities in Grathan's estate, having droids and all.

And no, it is, as you might have guessed, based on what assets will benefit who most.

As you can imagine I thought Jerec would benefit most from the Dark Temple's ancient artifacts and power.

EDIT: And as Aurbere pointed out, the Fist will feel much more at home in the Imperial capital.

Yeah, it clicked right before you posted, a bit distracted today. :(

Though, GREAT! Now I will struggle to just get Jerec out of his library... Though, that reminds me of a scene from a show I watch... Essentially, a big time Sorcerer being 100% invincible and unbeatable while within his library. Ofc it isn't like that here, but still. :p

Yeah, it clicked right before you posted, a bit distracted today. :(

Though, GREAT! Now I will struggle to just get Jerec out of his library... Though, that reminds me of a scene from a show I watch... Essentially, a big time Sorcerer being 100% invincible and unbeatable while within his library. Ofc it isn't like that here, but still. :p

Lol, Jerec loses because he's too busy reading books to concentrate on the Kaggath. :cool:

Lol, Jerec loses because he's too busy reading books to concentrate on the Kaggath. :cool:

Just wait for something stupidly hilarious like this...

*And then with his new found knowledge, he arose from his stack of books and seized control of the Temples ghosts. His enemies on his door step, he grinned as he gave them his command. No one would disturb his study of the dark side within these walls. NO BODY!!!*

What'cha talkin' about there, Willis? :p

The populace of Coruscant hated the complacent and Serene Jedi of the PT Era, which is really what the Republic Resistance represents.

Surik was hailed as a Hero, and Revan even more so. Both when he pushed the mandalorians back and when he ended Malak's reign. Jace was a decorated war veteran, the Stories of Republic Spec Ops were spread through the galaxy to boost republic Morale....

Just seems like the Civilian population's got my back :p

The populace of Coruscant hated the complacent and Serene Jedi of the PT Era, which is really what the Republic Resistance represents.

Surik was hailed as a Hero, and Revan even more so. Both when he pushed the mandalorians back and when he ended Malak's reign. Jace was a decorated war veteran, the Stories of Republic Spec Ops were spread through the galaxy to boost republic Morale....

*shrug* It is only several hundred trillion, legal ones, not nearly enough to get past the outer defenses. :p

(Definitely not an argument, more of a jest! I SWEAR!) :D

From a certain point of view.

I thought they viewed them as heroes...

Until order 66 and the purge most of them did. It took a pretty massive propaganda campaign by Sidious to vilify the Jedi and when he died the rioting on Coruscant started immediately.

People loved the Jedi, it was the Separatists and Republic worlds under threat that tended to dislike Jedi as it was there that the Jedi were seen as complacent or complicit in the Republic's imperialism (more or less).

I can't recall a single large-scale anti-jedi protest in TCW era, but they certainly happened in the NJO/Legacy era.

Until order 66 and the purge most of them did. It took a pretty massive propaganda campaign by Sidious to vilify the Jedi and when he died the rioting on Coruscant started immediately.

People loved the Jedi, it was the Separatists and Republic worlds under threat that tended to dislike Jedi as it was there that the Jedi were seen as complacent or complicit in the Republic's imperialism (more or less).

I can't recall a single large-scale anti-jedi protest in TCW era, but they certainly happened in the NJO/Legacy era.

[Public support is turning against the Jedi, there is no denying that] - Windu.

Then ofc there was the bombing of the temple, and the massive protests afterwards... Meh, I'll save my sources for the Kaggath.

Edited by Selenial

[Public support is turning against the Jedi, there is no denying that] - Windu.

Then ofc there was the bombing of the temple, and the massive protests afterwards... Meh, I'll save my sources for the Kaggath.

Considering the size of the population on Coruscant, massive would be a gross exaggeration. Anyway I agree, but lets not assume that means the entire population hates them, because it does not.

Remembering that it would be foolish to assume Revan, former Dark Lord of the Sith, was universally loved.

But I'll save this discussion for the Kaggath.

Edited by Beniboybling