The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds - The Semi-Finals

Beniboybling

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wins. :jawa_evil:

Just kidding, I'm not sure. It probably does win.

That kinda is my issue, that a light capital ship is able to 1 vs 1 a heavy capital ship and win. I know, quite bothersome for me to mention such things, I just think there shouldn't be that many ships beyond 1k classified as a heavy cruiser, seeing how many it carriers, as well as still decent armament. Though, one thing did occur to me, wouldn't the Lucrehulk bring the 10% reduction? I remember Allegiance size was standard sizes, *2k* and that Malevolence was -20% at 4k+ length. Wouldn't that put the Lucrehulk in the middle, with that odd 10% reduction that wasn't really discussed much since no one was using it?

That kinda is my issue, that a light capital ship is able to 1 vs 1 a heavy capital ship and win. I know, quite bothersome for me to mention such things, I just think there shouldn't be that many ships beyond 1k classified as a heavy cruiser, seeing how many it carriers, as well as still decent armament. Though, one thing did occur to me, wouldn't the Lucrehulk bring the 10% reduction? I remember Allegiance size was standard sizes, *2k* and that Malevolence was -20% at 4k+ length. Wouldn't that put the Lucrehulk in the middle, with that odd 10% reduction that wasn't really discussed much since no one was using it?

Shhh...

You're going to make me lose my new ships. :p

OK so a point about the Providence. It does have less cannons than a Harrower, and the Venator does have three times the reactor output. But with those proton torpedo tubes don't drain much in the way of energy and perhaps tip the scales. Then there are also the flak guns to consider, and the accolades putting in on level with Star Destroyers.

And now I look at the numbers, I'm pretty sure Aurbere could just steam roll us with superior firepower. :p

So if we class the Providence as a Star Destroyer and swap its position with the Harrower that would give:

Light Capital Ship: Harrower-class dreadnought [12]

Heavy Capital Ship: Providence-class star destroyer [6]

Flagship: Lucrehulk-class battleship

Which is likely more balanced. Seem fair to everyone?

No, its a 10% increase if you choose a SD. The Lucrehulk is a battlecruiser and therefore standard size.

And nope, nothing is redundant in my Kaggath. :p

P.S. A dreadnought has to be over 5,000 in length, but the Malevolence is classed as one due to armament.

No, its a 10% increase if you choose a SD. The Lucrehulk is a battlecruiser and therefore standard size.

And nope, nothing is redundant in my Kaggath. :p

P.S. A dreadnought has to be over 5,000 in length, but the Malevolence is classed as one due to armament.

The viscount is smaller and I still lost 10%?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7830368&postcount=335

Personally I'm not sure, because it doesn't have a particularly powerful armament, any one dreadnought should be able to destroy it without taking much damage, because most of its cannons are laser cannons.

Ok, well IIRC everyone here had around 2000 fighters when Sil did the calculations. Given Aurbere's changes I count 2700.

1500 fighters would make such a large difference that I'm inclined to give it a -10, if not -20% reduction...

Ok, well IIRC everyone here had around 2000 fighters when Sil did the calculations. Given Aurbere's changes I count 2700.

1500 fighters would make such a large difference that I'm inclined to give it a -10, if not -20% reduction...

Only 2700? I think they'd have a bit more than that...