The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds - The Semi-Finals

Beniboybling

Well, I did tell ya ages ago the Gladiators were your weak link. :p

Its a shame I can't use Trench to steal your flagship now though... :( On the upside, he will still have quite a bit of knowledge to draw on from personally using both of those ships! :jawa_evil:

This match-up is really interesting. Each side has people with some sort of association with units and leaders on the other sides. I can foresee many defection arguments, and I can't wait to put mine forward. :p

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mhm, wouldn't be surprised if they were able to be targeted with the big guns due to there just being so many. :rolleyes:

Though, how many Fury's is the biggest question...

Well, the last match I decided that the number of Thunderclaps was based on the number of SpecForce squads, so I would think the number of Fury's is decided by the number of Sith.

Edit: Triple post! :D

Edited by Aurbere

This match-up is really interesting. Each side has people with some sort of association with units and leaders on the other sides. I can foresee many defection arguments, and I can't wait to put mine forward. :p

Trench never liked Dooku or Grievous... because reasons! :p STAY BACK!

One thing I think is nice though, is that Lumiya is essentially the only other person not in the IDD that has seen Imperial ships such as the Vengeance *Praetor II* so it might play a role in inexperience. But hey, what do I know! ;) Not yet!

Trench never liked Dooku or Grievous... because reasons! :p STAY BACK!

One thing I think is nice though, is that Lumiya is essentially the only other person not in the IDD that has seen Imperial ships such as the Vengeance *Praetor II* so it might play a role in inexperience. But hey, what do I know! ;) Not yet!

I know Trench won't be moved, but there are other weak links in the chain.

Imperial Intelligence is going to mess you up, Sil. Better watch out.

I know Trench won't be moved, but there are other weak links in the chain.

Imperial Intelligence is going to mess you up, Sil. Better watch out.

Not so Aurbere. Inquisitorious > I.I. At least, when in a confined space. :p

I would find it hilarious though if someone tried to invade Prakith... good luck with that... As for Sull- wait! No! NOT YET! STAAAAHP! :D

Not so Aurbere. Inquisitorious > I.I. At least, when in a confined space. :p

I would find it hilarious though if someone tried to invade Prakith... good luck with that... As for Sull- wait! No! NOT YET! STAAAAHP! :D

Yeah, but Intelligence issues, I.I is going to hurt you.

I'm just saying, don't rely on anonymity.

For Jerec? Lumiya likely already knows, and Dooku likely wouldn't be fooled for long since he might recall the face and such. If you are referring to the Dark Troopers and II uncovering details about them, not much even they could really discover about them since most of the data was on the Arc Hammer which was destroyed.

For Jerec? Lumiya likely already knows, and Dooku likely wouldn't be fooled for long since he might recall the face and such. If you are referring to the Dark Troopers and II uncovering details about them, not much even they could really discover about them since most of the data was on the Arc Hammer which was destroyed.

I'm talking about everything. Your faction is super Imperial, so II will know some things. Potentially dangerous things. I don't want to give Beni any ideas, so I won't elaborate. :p

I'm talking about everything. Your faction is super Imperial, so II will know some things. Potentially dangerous things. I don't want to give Beni any ideas, so I won't elaborate. :p

Alright, but not really much that would phase the IDD for the most part, since the Temple doesn't really have many residents. Unless the possessed slaves are present? :jawa_evil: That would be SO great! Though, I guess that means that the PH will know how to fight on even terms at least with the IDD fleet. Leaving Fist out in the cold for the space battle for that information. :D

Wait... No! I have to stop doing this! It ain't time yet!

Side Note: Corrected which faction had II, since the fist has SI. Though, if all goes according to plan... it won't matter that the PH knows about the IDD ships. :D

Edited by Silenceo

Alright, but not really much that would phase the IDD for the most part, since the Temple doesn't really have many residents. Unless the possessed slaves are present? :jawa_evil: That would be SO great! Though, I guess that means that the PH will know how to fight on even terms at least with the IDD fleet. Leaving Fist out in the cold for the space battle for that information. :D

Wait... No! I have to stop doing this! It ain't time yet!

Side Note: Corrected which faction had II, since the fist has SI. Though, if all goes according to plan... it won't matter that the PH knows about the IDD ships. :D

If all goes according to plan, information won't be necessary for the Fist to win. The enemies of the good Count will destroy themselves and each other.

Edit: But that is for another time.

Edited by Aurbere

But... posturing... :( How comes your opening argument Aurbere? :p

Nonexistent, to be honest. I think I'll probably see how things start off before I post any opening arguments.

I also need to reassess how my new ships compare to the opposition. I had this big analysis ready to go before I changed things up.

Nonexistent, to be honest. I think I'll probably see how things start off before I post any opening arguments.

I also need to reassess how my new ships compare to the opposition. I had this big analysis ready to go before I changed things up.

The main bit I want to know is the armament difference for the Providence if they are carrier variants, since if they had standard weaponry and their max fighters... Let us just say I would object severely since they were their answer to the Venators and R1 could only have 4 of those. :p

The main bit I want to know is the armament difference for the Providence if they are carrier variants, since if they had standard weaponry and their max fighters... Let us just say I would object severely since they were their answer to the Venators and R1 could only have 4 of those. :p

Whatever's on this page, I'm guessing.

Whatever's on this page, I'm guessing.

Definitely think they shouldn't classify as merely a heavy cruiser, since it has 102 missile tubes on top of its compliment...

The part I am having issues with here is that they essentially went up against Venators often, which due to size they more than heavy cruisers, being only slightly smaller than Venators, and slightly larger than heavy cruisers.

I have no issue with the Providence or Lucrehulks being used, merely that the numbers feel slightly off...

Definitely think they shouldn't classify as merely a heavy cruiser, since it has 102 missile tubes on top of its compliment...

The part I am having issues with here is that they essentially went up against Venators often, which due to size they more than heavy cruisers, being only slightly smaller than Venators, and slightly larger than heavy cruisers.

I have no issue with the Providence or Lucrehulks being used, merely that the numbers feel slightly off...

It is inferior to the Harrower, according to Beni. He suggested that I swap out the Gladiators for Providences, or put the Providences as heavies and Harrowers as lights.

It is inferior to the Harrower, according to Beni. He suggested that I swap out the Gladiators for Providences, or put the Providences as heavies and Harrowers as lights.

I think his reasoning was that Harrowers = Victories or so, but the thing is that Providence are longer than 1,000 as well as being noted as being able to take on Victory or Venators and at times win. 102 missile tubes man... That just sounds... incorrect or horribly more powerful than a Victory. Not to mention Harrowers are 800 in length.

Frankly, Harrowers are the main thing I need to get past to win the space battle.

Edited by Silenceo

I think his reasoning was that Harrowers = Victories or so, but the thing is that Providence are longer than 1,000 as well as being noted as being able to take on Victory or Venators and at times win. 102 missile tubes man... That just sounds... incorrect or horribly more powerful than a Victory.

Frankly, Harrowers are the main thing I need to get past to win the space battle.

Well, he placed them as light capital ships because they were carriers, whereas the Harrower is a true warship. Here's what he told me:

Well the Providence carrier variant (which is what we'd have to go with in the absence of other stats) has only 14 quad turbolaser cannons, whereas the Harrower has 25, its a true warship and definitely has superior firepower if not defenses as well.

However the Providence has many advantages, including point defense ion cannons and flak guns. Whereas the Gladiator while decent, doesn't have that much in the way of point defense and frankly is a bit squishy. I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Swap the Gladiators and place either the Providence or the Harrower in its place, whichever you want the least of. I might recommend the Providence simply because of its role as a carrier, with the Harrower acting as the backbone for your fleet.

Noting that I'd class the Providence as a heavy cruiser, not a Star Destroyer.

Wow, if I had known he would of counted Providence vessels as heavy cruisers... I definitely would have taken them...

Any idea how much of their weaponry is like that in RoTS where they are manually operated? That could play a key part as to why they might not be as powerful as a Harrower.

Edited by Silenceo

Wow, if I had known he would of counted Providence vessels as heavy cruisers... I definitely would have taken them...

Any idea how much of their weaponry is like that in RoTS where they are manually operated? That could play a key part as to why they might not be as powerful as a Harrower.

That's Sel's area. She has all the books, mine are rather outdated.