The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds - The Semi-Finals

Beniboybling

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that merely demonstrates the inaccuracy of any figures we could devise.

"Fitting armament" as you can see, is totally subjective.

I can only suggest taking a smaller vessel, the rules are not really designed to permit colossal dreadnoughts.

So no Mediator either? :confused:

I want this to start :(

I guess while were talking about this I might aswell ask. You said Black Market upgrades happen before the battle with Canino's forces. Does that mean Stealth generators could be fitted to the BT-Y's beforehand? They were designed to be upgradable and the Hutts have these, we saw so in Empire at war when Zann stole the tech from them.

Also, Isotope-5 is meant to work as a near infinite source of Energy to boost reactor output, is it safe to assume the Viscount would receive this expensive upgrade in order to ensure Suriks survival?

I just cannot find anything that isn't banned or just lacks info, if I take a Mon Cal ship that is anything less than the Mediator-class I'll be smashed.

If anyone has suggestions go ahead.

Well you could take a Star Destroyer like the Paellon-class.

EDIT: Or alternatively the Imperious, which appears to be its successor.

EDIT: In fact I would strong recommend that, as you would only lose 1 Acclamator as a result.

Edited by Beniboybling

Good point, but I can just see the argument now: "The Viscount Prototype can take them all solo"
I'm not going to lie it could hold its own, but the Venator isn't just a warship, its a carrier. And therefore fighters have to be taken into account. And looking at your fighters they could do a lot of damage.

Well you could take a Star Destroyer like the Paellon-class.

EDIT: Or alternatively the Imperious, which appears to be its successor.

EDIT: In fact I would strong recommend that, as you would only lose 1 Acclamator as a result.

Yeah but I'm not sure the firepower stacks up against 750 weapons, which btw is enormous for a ship that size.

I'm not going to lie it could hold its own, but the Venator isn't just a warship, its a carrier. And therefore fighters have to be taken into account. And looking at your fighters they could do a lot of damage.

Indeed.

However my fleet has twice as many point defence guns and I have better pilots when you factor in spec ops...

It'll be close no matter what Rayla chooses, but yes I'd stress she pick a hard hitter like the Imperious so as to not have an advantage like the fighters lose to point defense turrets.

Indeed.

However my fleet has twice as many point defence guns and I have better pilots when you factor in spec ops...

It'll be close no matter what Rayla chooses, but yes I'd stress she pick a hard hitter like the Imperious so as to not have an advantage like the fighters lose to point defense turrets.

But in terms of fighters you are vastly outnumbered, we are talking 3 to 1.

Bearing in mind that Rayla has Jedi Pilots, and I don't recall either SpecForces being fighter pilots themselves... regardless they are not the majority and it could be argued that Clones are the better pilots.

And for its colossal size, the Viscount's point defense is not that great.

Edited by Beniboybling

Actually the Imperious will do just fine.

Though I'm not sure about those Wookieepedia stats.

Very well, that would give you the following:

Light Capital Ship: Acclamator I-class assault ship [13]

Heavy Capital Ship: Venator-class star destroyer [6]

Flagship: Imperious-class star destroyer

And batteries it would seem, represent a number of chain linked turbolaser cannons. Though in this case I doubt it is 5 per battery considering it supposedly has superior firepower to the Pellaeon-class.

If need be we can use the difference between the IMP-I and the IMP-II to get a more accurate estimation, but significantly more powerful than the Pellaeon I think would suffice.

Very well, that would give you the following:

Light Capital Ship: Acclamator I-class assault ship [13]

Heavy Capital Ship: Venator-class star destroyer [6]

Flagship: Imperious-class star destroyer

And batteries it would seem, represent a number of chain linked turbolaser cannons. Though in this case I doubt it is 5 per battery considering it supposedly has superior firepower to the Pellaeon-class.

If need be we can use the difference between the IMP-I and the IMP-II to get a more accurate estimation, but significantly more powerful than the Pellaeon I think would suffice.

Why 6 venators? I count 5.

But in terms of fighters you are vastly outnumbered, we are talking 3 to 1.

Bearing in mind that Rayla has Jedi Pilots, and I don't recall either SpecForces being fighter pilots themselves... regardless they are not the majority and it could be argued that Clones are the better pilots.

And for its colossal size, the Viscount's point defense is not that great.

So do I.

And yes, Specforce had many infamous fighter wings, like Dagger wing.

Also wedge. It's also only 2 to 1, even without the Cartel fleet.

Edited by Selenial

So do I.

And yes, Specforce had many infamous fighter wings, like Dagger wing.

Also wedge. It's also only 2 to 1, even without the Cartel fleet.

Ah very well, well I think all this proves it that it will be a close match, and that these vessels don't exist in a vacuum.

My calculations give her over 4,500 fighters... I may be mistaken but I don't see how.

EDIT: I did them again, I count 5,295 fighters. My god, well played Lady.

EDIT: Bearing in mind Lady has switched the Acclamator II for the Acclamator I-class.

Edited by Beniboybling

Ah very well, well I think all this proves it that it will be a close match, and that these vessels don't exist in a vacuum.

My calculations give her over 4,500 fighters... I may be mistaken but I don't see how.

EDIT: I did them again, I count 5,295 fighters. My god, well played Lady.

EDIT: Bearing in mind Lady has switched the Acclamator II for the Acclamator I-class.

4608, not sure where you went to school :p

1960 something for me, plus the Coruscanti underworld which would be minimum 500.

My fleet has almost 400 more point defense turrets, wedge plays defensively and it's over, the enemy ships can't win in a ship to ship battle and the fighter advantage will be negated.

But I have Many quotes and sources lined up that will make her regret picking an acclamator at all :jawa_evil:

I am prepared to defend my throne Beni.