The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leveling gathering skills to max

Econometrix

I am attempting to level gathering skills (scavenging, archaeology) to max. All of the grade 6 missions haved turned green. Are there any alternatives other than continuing to run missions, of which I suspect many will fail to yield a level, or gather mats in game to level? My gathering toon is low class level, so gathering mats to level his crew skills may not be a realistic option.

No, currently 380s and all missions are green.

This is not unheard of. there are points in the leveling process where everything goes green or gray and you have to take your chances.

The good news is that skill up chance is not impacted by mission failure chance; you can fail to get any materials from a mission and still get a skill point.

you can wait until you reach corellia or BH/sec x daily areas, where gathering mobs or ''nodes'' ranges from 360 to 401..you won't need those mats for items on that toon before you hit 50 anyway. and if you plan to have the CS only, green missions give you a point and it's possible to level up to 450 sending companions alone