So I'm leveling an Annihilation Marauder and I'm kinda worried

LtBombshell

I've read the guides on the forums and I've read Dulfy's guide, and I'm worried I'm not actually going to be able to play this spec. There are at least 8 different abilities needed to be used before getting full stacks of Annihilator, and then there's a completely different rotation as well as a different slew of abilities that make up the ideal rotation once you have full stacks. Does anyone have any tips/tricks?

Also, what do you guys use for keybinding? Any tips for that? (I only have a regular mouse)

I personally have 36 quickslots keybound but 4 of them are buttons not available on a regular mouse.

This spec functions with waaaaay less than that :p

The main difference between the rampup/opener and the core rotation is the cooldown on Annihilate and the average Rupture uses. In the start you're just building up your stacks for a shorter Annihilate and in that case I just use stuff off cooldown as much as possible.

When at the core part, well for me not much changes. I still use Annihilate on cooldown when possible (sometimes I don't pay attention and delay it by a GCD).

Ability wise not much changes and I think you're mainly worried by the number of abilities you use and binding them all to keys. Well for keybinding you do not need a super mouse. My mouse has 2 buttons on the side instead of 6 or 12 like some other mouses have.

The art of keybinding is using keys on your keyboard close to your hand without suffering to much movement. The spoiler below contains my keybinds, but this works for me. Keybinds is a bit personal.

I use WASD for movement and my A and D keys are strafing instead of turning.

Quickbar1: 1 til 5, Shift + A/S/D, Q, E, R, Shift + Space

Quickbar2: Shift 1 til 5, X, Shift + X/T, Shift + Q, E, R, W

Quickbar3: Z, Shift + Z, C + Shift + C, F + Shift + F, Middle mouse button, Shift + Middle mouse button, the 2 side keys on my mouse with and without shift.

Just look around your movement keys and check what is easy to reach for your hand. Also make sure you can find the movement keys again without having to look at the keyboard.

Try combining stuff with Shift, Ctrl and Alt.

EDIT: I also read somewhere about someone using the scrolling and the clicking of the mousewheel for the majority of the binding.

Example: up, shift + up, ctrl + up, alt + up, click, shift + click, ctrl + click, alt + click, down, shift + down, ctrl + down, alt + down.

That is 12 keys taken care of with one 'button' from a regular mouse :)

Edited by Whojoo

I've read the guides on the forums and I've read Dulfy's guide, and I'm worried I'm not actually going to be able to play this spec. There are at least 8 different abilities needed to be used before getting full stacks of Annihilator, and then there's a completely different rotation as well as a different slew of abilities that make up the ideal rotation once you have full stacks. Does anyone have any tips/tricks?

Also, what do you guys use for keybinding? Any tips for that? (I only have a regular mouse)

The best tip is practice. One problem with leveling is it doesn't really teach you how to do endgame PvE aka Raiding (the only place where knowing a rotation really matters). Things die so fast there really isn't a need to learn a consistent rotation, nor are there good situations to learn how to do one. The best thing to do it use what resources are available (guides, parses from other players), practice on the Dummy, and use something like Parsec to record your results. Practice until you do a good job of replicating what the guides describe. Annihilation is not a very hard spec once you learn it, and there are plenty of resources to learn how to play it.

Edited by Emperor-Norton