The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darth Malgus vs Revan

Intermaze

Well, it could go either way. They are fairly comparable, but I think Revan has the advantage in that he's smarter than Malgus. Malgus usually only turns his brain on when his opponent starts to pose a challenge, which would happen here, but I think Revan is still smarter than him.

So I'd say that Revan would probably win, but it could go either way.

Does the star forge count as a tool/weapon for the purpose of this argument?

We'd deal with Revan as a Gray Jedi, around the time he got to The Foundry, and since the dlc hasn't been released we'll say that is his current prime. For Malgus, it will be right before he was slain at his station.

Malgus did hold off and continuously KO a more prime version of the strike team that defeated Revan.

Assuming it was the same strike team, as the only "character stories" that are cannon are the "Class quests" the other are all "strike teams" but the members or make up is unknown, also it begs the question if said strike team was at all any better then the previous. Lots of assumptions to be made to me.

Malgus did hold off and continuously KO a more prime version of the strike team that defeated Revan.

You shouldnt take the timing/levels of characters in the stories and indications of their capabilities.

Otherwise you have Jedi Padawans who would wipe the floor of high ranking Sith Lords because the Sith Lord was encountered on Republic Taris while the Padawans were found on Sith Taris.

Hell there are astromech droids in this game that are more dangerous than some Sith Lords and Jedi Masters in this game.

The only thing you should take from the story progress is that YOUR character is improving and learning more. However gameplay mechanics =/= story

True. Though I personally don't think that makes it certain Malgus would win. I think either could win. The battle would be a sight to see.

This would be like the fight between Palpatine and the 3 Jedi Masters that died in seconds.. Malgus isn't even in the same stratosphere of Revan. 2-5 minutes tops

I consider him close to Darth Vader's level, as he is about similarly strong, but faster and more agile. Also very skilled in lightsaber combat, and his raw ability in the force is astounding. Revan's power was more directed solely to force abilities.