Vanguard new animations in 3.0?

Terimac

Yo boys n gals!

Do you think vanguards will get any new animations in 3.0? The thing is that i would love to play a vanguard but the powertech animations are just so much better atm imo.

Just compare immolate with fire pulse! Stockstrike is aight, but rocket punch looks so much more powerfull, especially if you jump at the same time :)

I actually prefer pulse cannon to flame thrower, shooting lightning seems far more exotic and I enjoy the sound too. Immolate is the same animation as incendiary round and Incendiary missile is the same as fire pulse, at least it was that way when I leveled my vanguard. Other than pulse cannon I like all the powertech animations better, your guys' HiB is down right pathetic in comparison to railshot in looks and sound. Edited by Melon_Lord

I actually heavily prefer VG's animations thank you very much. Rocket Punch looks absurd. And i prefer hearing the nice *Thwack* of my HIB's before seeing the huge crit as oppose to Rail Shot.

Anyway, the thing i would change, given the opportunity, would be having more abilities that take color crystal into account. Ion pulse for instance is a little boring, but being able to shoot red or white/black lightning sounds pretty awesome. Same goes for pulse cannon. Im sure it would probably be too much work though, more static animations would probably easier.

I absolutely love playing my BH Advanced Prototype i actually feel like I'm beating the living crap out of things then setting them on fire.. If PT ap's animations were seen in reality it would be a very very brutal scene: plunging a serrated blade into the victim like in the movie predator then smashing their face with a robo-fist, firing a rail bolt through their chest with your other arm, then to get rid of the evidence you literally pour napalm (immolate) on the poor soul then light a flamethrower for the hell of it..

- on topic >> I believe the trooper's HiB could use a more detailed animation but IMHO concussion round (60sec sleep) and HiB have their audio swapped in error.. The sound HiB makes is the same sound that a storm troopers "set for stun" on his blaster rifle made to knock out leia during the beginning scenes of SW a new hope. Also concussion round's sound is a lot more akin to a High impact bolt but ..it ..just ..stuns ..things ..out of combat. Change this!

I absolutely love playing my BH Advanced Prototype i actually feel like I'm beating the living crap out of things then setting them on fire.. If PT ap's animations were seen in reality it would be a very very brutal scene: plunging a serrated blade into the victim like in the movie predator then smashing their face with a robo-fist, firing a rail bolt through their chest with your other arm, then to get rid of the evidence you literally pour napalm (immolate) on the poor soul then light a flamethrower for the hell of it..

- on topic >> I believe the trooper's HiB could use a more detailed animation but IMHO concussion round (60sec sleep) and HiB have their audio swapped in error.. The sound HiB makes is the same sound that a storm troopers "set for stun" on his blaster rifle made to knock out leia during the beginning scenes of SW a new hope. Also concussion round's sound is a lot more akin to a High impact bolt but ..it ..just ..stuns ..things ..out of combat. Change this!

I've heard the comparison that High Impact Bolt sounds like someone stepping on a ketchup bottle.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.