Do i need to farm classic,basic and elite coms when having full 180 armor?

ojciecmatki

I couldnt find an answer to it and couldnt came up with better title.

Since I cant buy armor for those comms for my others characters and farming for more then one companion seems pointless i have a question: Is there a point in farming those comms when having "ultimate" gear? Am I missing something? I see i can buy isotope for basics but again I think i can earn more in the time I'm farming them

Edited by ojciecmatki

Since I cant buy armor for those comms for my others characters and farming for more then one companion seems pointless i have a question: Is there a point in farming those comms when having "ultimate" gear? Am I missing something? I see i can buy isotope for basics but again I think i can earn more in the time I'm farming them

Maty better buy isotopes for money :) coz it is easy to get armor from ops 162 is bad armore on 3.0 it become better + from ops you can get 162-180 gear and basic comms only for isotopes :D now is easy to get 162 and ultimate comms via group finder ops you get bolster in GF que so gear does not matter

ps: on new char i got full 180 at 2 weeks doing sm and hm ops

Edited by Yeeheepyupee

You can buy armour for your other characters -- rip out the armoring, mods and enhancements, put them in Bind to Legacy gear (like the free pilot suits you get when starting a new character) and send them to your alt. Note that the armorings will bind to a specific slot, say, chest or head.

You can buy for other characters - you just need to use Legacy Gear. You can pull 'bound' mods out of the armors you buy for Comms, slot them into Legacy gear, and then send that gear - mods and all - on to another character in your Legacy. That's one of the main purposes of Legacy gear.

Outside of that, Basic Comms are useful for Isotope-5s, which sell well on the GTN.

Once your active max-level characters are geared along with any companions you want, I wouldn't make a point to farm Elite Comms though. I tend to get enough just doing content I enjoy anyway, but there's no harm in not grinding for them if you don't have a specific use in mind.

Farming Ultimate Comms might be handy once the level cap goes up in a month and a half, depending on whether they convert everyone's existing stockpile down a level or let you keep them and buy the new level 60 gear with them. I don't believe there's been any official announcement on how that'll work yet.

As others have said, you can buy mods for your alts by using Legacy gear. You can also use the comms to get gear for your companions, but there's diminishing returns in equipping more comps than you ever use (personally, I usually equip 1 heal comp and 1 dps/tank comp)

Other than that ,there's basically little point in farming for comms that are below what's needed to get gear, unless you want to sell/get Isotope-5 and/or gear up other alts.

Just to throw "looking forward" into the mix: we don't know what the Comm or crafting material landscape is going to look like once 3.0 drops. Banking Comms could prove beneficial. Or it could be a complete waste. The current endgame mats could be re-used for endgame materials in 3.0. Or they might be like the Grade 7-9 Exotics were when 2.0 dropped.

There's a lot of uncertainty.

That said, if you have alts and the ability to buy Bind to Legacy gear from one of the myriad of Reputation vendors in the game that sells it, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to keep going at it and use your max'ed out main to gear up your alts. It'll probably put them in a better position to level from 55-60 once 3.0 drops, assuming you bought or will be buying the Expansion.