Mako or Tank?

detowne

So I have been rolling pyro merc (52) and just wondering who you guys use for a companion? I have been using Mako and she seems pretty good at healing and putting out a little deeps. I was just wondering if it may be better to use a tank?

I use a tank with my madness sorc (55) and things drop very fast. Is this the case with merc? I am asking for advice prior to spending a bunch on gear and mods for a tank.

Thanks!

No need for the learn to play part, I'm just asking for some advice as I haven't played in awhile. :cool:

What DPS are you using?

Thanks.

Let me apologize for that guy, not too sure what's with him.

When I played my Powertech, I used Mako all the way from when I got her to 55. Granted, I don't really have all that much experience using DPS/tanks as comps because I have yet to roll an AC other than DPS :D So I have always used a healer, and that has generally worked for me.

Mako or Gault, preferably Mako. Since hunter DPS has pretty good survivability, and powertechs have offtaunts, you don't really need a tank. Gault in AOE mode means stuff will melt before you, but the downside is you will die quicker and need to heal up after every fight. Mako means you have next to no downtime and great survivability, but killing stuff will take a bit longer. Ideally. you'd want both of them geared and experiment with them depending on the situation.

I myself after lvling my first commando always to dps com. for my Merc I used mako until I got Gault and MAN he is a killer.

I use him to aggro mobs with gas bomb then aoe down the pack. I go bout 4 grps before I need to take 5 for heal up and repeat the process. Mako is good but meh I would prefer a dps comp rather than healer.

It wasn't a condescending remark, I'm literally saying a DPS companion means you have take care of your own survivability and helps you to learn how to get the most out of your class.

Ok thanks! It is very hard to judge tone in text and I, like most people, assume the worst. I appreciate the input.

Mako or Gault, preferably Mako. Since hunter DPS has pretty good survivability, and powertechs have offtaunts, you don't really need a tank. Gault in AOE mode means stuff will melt before you, but the downside is you will die quicker and need to heal up after every fight. Mako means you have next to no downtime and great survivability, but killing stuff will take a bit longer. Ideally. you'd want both of them geared and experiment with them depending on the situation.

Thanks for the advice. I was going to ask about Gault but it seems as though he is pretty good as others are suggesting him as well.

I myself after lvling my first commando always to dps com. for my Merc I used mako until I got Gault and MAN he is a killer.

I use him to aggro mobs with gas bomb then aoe down the pack. I go bout 4 grps before I need to take 5 for heal up and repeat the process. Mako is good but meh I would prefer a dps comp rather than healer.

I am leveling a Commando as well so perhaps I will look into a DPS companion with him. Thanks.