The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

*Spoilers* Revan foundry defeat

PadsterPwns

Before I start anything I do not mean to start any flame wars or make this a hate thread, these are 2 genuine questions (one is about a line in the revan book), and although I know its kind of beating a dead horse I have never seen a direct answer to these questions anywhere. :tran_angel:

1) How can people be annoyed at Revan losing in the foundry? I mean tbh I think its impressive he survived at all, he went up against the future wrath, a future dark council member and two very powerful non-force users, in some ways I actually think its bs he didn't die quickly

2) Why do most arguments I see supporting Revan contain “I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing." He is literally making a biased comment about himself

Before I start anything I do not mean to start any flame wars or make this a hate thread, these are 2 genuine questions (one is about a line in the revan book), and although I know its kind of beating a dead horse I have never seen a direct answer to these questions anywhere. :tran_angel:

1) How can people be annoyed at Revan losing in the foundry? I mean tbh I think its impressive he survived at all, he went up against the future wrath, a future dark council member and two very powerful non-force users, in some ways I actually think its bs he didn't die quickly

2) Why do most arguments I see supporting Revan contain “I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing." He is literally making a biased comment about himself

1. Because he's supposed to be an unstoppable god-like being who can never be beaten. What? He lost during the novel named after him? Nu-uh, he woulda won if it weren't for Scourge, the novel totally said that indirectly, but also directly. Like, totally...

2. They are saying that to their opponent because they played as Revan in that one game. Also, being reborn means that you are epicness incarnate...

I chose answers that made me laugh since I can't comprehend the thought processes of fanboys.

To be more serious, I never understood why people complained about Revan's defeat in the Foundry. I mainly complain about his actual existence in the game.

1. Because he's supposed to be an unstoppable god-like being who can never be beaten. What? He lost during the novel named after him? Nu-uh, he woulda won if it weren't for Scourge, the novel totally said that indirectly, but also directly. Like, totally...

2. They are saying that to their opponent because they played as Revan in that one game. Also, being reborn means that you are epicness incarnate...

I chose answers that made me laugh since I can't comprehend the thought processes of fanboys.

To be more serious, I never understood why people complained about Revan's defeat in the Foundry. I mainly complain about his actual existence in the game.

OMG it's like you're... one of them

But yeah I never actually thought of it in that way, now that I do think, it would have made more sense if he had been like a chewed carrot when he was released if the Emperor really was that good at mind domination

OMG it's like you're... one of them

But yeah I never actually thought of it in that way, now that I do think, it would have made more sense if he had been like a chewed carrot when he was released if the Emperor really was that good at mind domination

Well, Revan is obviously a bit off the deep end, which makes sense.

I always liked Malgus' explanation for Revan's release, though. The Emperor allowed his escape to lead the Sith Empire to the Foundry, as well as further his own secret plans. It fits with the Emperor's manipulative side, in my opinion.

Well, Revan is obviously a bit off the deep end, which makes sense.

I always liked Malgus' explanation for Revan's release, though. The Emperor allowed his escape to lead the Sith Empire to the Foundry, as well as further his own secret plans. It fits with the Emperor's manipulative side, in my opinion.

Yeah that would have been cool and much more fitting