gear questions

Firechap

I'm a lvl50 sentinel and I'm having trouble on both Voss and Corellia moving forward. I feel that much of the issue lies with gear. Not sure at this lvl what my gear numbers should be. I have gear with open slots and use mods from drops and what I can get from the fleet. But not being able to take out a lvl45 elite is a major red flag. Any good input is greatly appreciated.

Head: 98

Chest: 104

Gloves: 108

Belt: 102

Legs: 108

Feet: 94

You said that you have gear with open slots. Do you mean that some of your modifiable gear (e.g. orange gear) has empty slots (armoring, mod, enhancement)? If so, that's really going to hurt your stats.

At level 50, you can go to the makeb vendor on the fleet and get some of those mods (140) for planetary comms, which will give you a huge stat boost and make things much easier. If you don't have many planetary comms, you can go run the kuat drive yards tactical flashpoint (group finder) - you can get a decent amount of planetary comms from that. KDY is bolstered, so your gear rating doesn't matter.

Additionally, look into stims and augments. You can get some "prototype nano-infused might stim" from the GTN for 8k-9K credits per stim. They last for two hours, and are really worth it. If you have some orange gear that you like, you can mod them with augments, e.g. "advanced might augment 28" - those will give you +32 strength, +20 endurance per unit. However, those augments will cost a good number of credits - about 85K for the augment, about 50K for the augmentation kit mk-9, and 32K for installing it. If you go all out and augment all 14 slots, it adds up to a lot of creds, but it also boosts your strength by 32 * 14 = 448 and your endurance by 20 * 14 = 280.

Hope that helps!

Edited by teclado