Harbinger Down Again? Seriously??!??!?!

Azpoker

Hey folks,

We are looking into the Harbinger becoming unavailable once again. I will give you updates as I have them. Thank you for your continued patience.

-eric

You really didn't give us any "updates" the last time. All you did was post the same message "we're looking into it." and then "it's back up" an hour later. in-between there was nothing considered as an "update" such as 'we've isolated the issue' or 'we are restarting the server' or 'we are anticipating xxx amt of time for the server to be back up.' Updates mean actually "updating" people on what's going on

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what else is a lie? Eric an hour ago: "harbinger is all fine now, log in! I swear it wont break again!"

In addition to working full time hours Musco is also on call all day and night trying to keep us playing. Scroll back the Dev Tracker and you'll see some of the absurd hours he's been on here because a server went down. It's one thing to be frustrated by the game, it's another thing entirely to start calling people out over it.

In addition to working full time hours Musco is also on call all day and night trying to keep us playing. Scroll back the Dev Tracker and you'll see some of the absurd hours he's been on here because a server went down. It's one thing to be frustrated by the game, it's another thing entirely to start calling people out over it.

But you see that's exactly how this works. I am a customer, he is a customer rep. I call him out on it. Then he calls out the people who are supposed to fix it. He should be absorbing none of what I direct, and redirecting 100% of it at the ******* who cant do their job properly.

Also, if the hours it goes down are bad for him, has EA considered employing a second person to share the job?

Edited by mbfhl

But you see that's exactly how this works. I am a customer, he is a customer rep. I call him out on it. Then he calls out the people who are supposed to fix it. He should be absorbing none of what I direct, and redirecting 100% of it at the ******* who cant do their job properly.

Also, if the hours it goes down are bad for him, has EA considered employing a second person to share the job?

So in other words you've never had a job

It's not fair to blame the engineers either. They are likely forced to work with the current engine because the higher-ups in charge don't want to allocate resources to improve server stability or hire more engineers, but instead rather have them add new features like Disciplines to the game. I know it sucks to have the server offline, but don't accuse the system administrators for it.

Edited by Jerba

At this point, given the chronic nature of the problem, it would be appreciated if you could provide more details related to what is causing the outages. ISP, DDOS, memory leak, disk is full, bad cabling, unable to handle the capacity as the highest pop server. Is more strongholds being activated and populated straining the server over the edge? All the instant traveling between fleet/stronghold/ship/guildship must be related.

I wonder if all the PVE servers must strictly adhere to the same capacity designs profile even if their populations are wildly different because their operations like all their ducks in a row and of the same height, meaning that Harb and something like Jedi Covenant have the same specs even though Harb has much higher load, and all the tweaks and elbow grease won't change the fact that it's utilization is peaking out especially with folks returning to the game and as an outlier server should get extra capacity. Either that or this game's server software wasn't designed to handle a population like Harb.

I bet if Shadowlands and Jedi Covenant were one server they'd have the same issues as well.

I'll be very disappointed if a big chunk of the 7 day preorder period is consumed due to 'server offline'.

I'm sure you guys are working on the problem. Just give us a sense that you guys know how to implement a long term fix for it.

Edited by Projawa

Hey folks,

We are looking into the Harbinger becoming unavailable once again. I will give you updates as I have them. Thank you for your continued patience.

-eric

I think it is is EXTREMELY important that you understand that you do NOT have our patience! You have us by the short and curlies. You may have noticed that this server's forum has as much as 7x as much activity as some of the other forums, and most of that is complaints about the server crashing.

Furthermore, don't treat us like children. If you are going to say stuff like "We are looking into the connectivity issues with the Harbinger. I will let you know once I know more." and the issue is fixed, TELL US NOW THAT YOU KNOW MORE!!! Don't just get the server back up and pretend you didn't say you'd let us know what was going on.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!?!?!

More importantly:

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE PLANNING TO DO ABOUT IT? HOW ARE YOU GOING TO ADDRESS THIS CHRONIC ISSUE!?

Get those positive words out of here!

Lol can you imagine sitting at home, probably getting ready for bed, and all of a sudden the Bioware-batphone goes off, and you have to stop what you're doing and post on the forums server updates? poor Musco

You said EA never gives out compensation I proved you wrong and you wont admit it. Wonderful.

EA and Bioware =/= EA. . .

But "EA and Bioware" does equal "EA and Bioware," which was what I stated in my first reply to you. . .

. . .So technically I am correct, the best kind of correct.

but feel free to try again.

Edited by thaawn

Lol can you imagine sitting at home, probably getting ready for bed, and all of a sudden the Bioware-batphone goes off, and you have to stop what you're doing and post on the forums server updates? poor Musco

Yea I do feel bad for the community teams in general. They get so much **** and are only the medium between us and the people responsible for decisions.

However, I think we can both agree something needs to be done about this server!

EA and Bioware =/= EA. . .

But "EA and Bioware" does equal "EA and Bioware," which was what I stated in my first reply to you. . .

. . .So technically I am correct, the best kind of correct.

but feel free to try again.

BioWare is owned By EA Try Again.

Yea I do feel bad for the community teams in general. They get so much **** and are only the medium between us and the people responsible for decisions.

However, I think we can both agree something needs to be done about this server!

I agree. I remember coming to the Harbinger from Jekk'Jekk what feels like a hundred years ago. Now there was a wild server.