The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Creative Reform

I had a hard time labeling the subject for this thread, but in essence, the creativity for designs is utterly nonexistent these days. Sorry if that offends anyone over there, but the first few cartel packs did what we wanted which was give us the gear of all the cool bosses/lore characters.

Stop looking towards WoW for ideas and start looking at Dota 2. Yes, Dota 2's workshop feature is hands down the coolest thing ever created for a multiplayer based game that affects only the cosmetics of your character. I'm sure the reason this hasn't been suggested or even talked about is simply because this involves paying artists for their work, however the cost might be greater than the current failing system. By that I mean you're just recycling everything right now, you guys just released a pack that sells the original good items from the first 3 packs... C'mon guys, you don't have to build a new steam, but create an interactive forum for artists to submit ideas and let us rate them and tell us whether or not they've been accepted into the game or not. I mean for Christ' sake it's STAR WARS! TAKE A LOOK AT DEVIANTART!!! We want gear like THAT! You guys contributed the Jugg Battlemaster set, but it's time to pass the mantle of creativity to the people. Let us design our gear, you guys can put whatever else you want into the CM, but it get's us off your back from whining about better looking gear :)