The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

Beniboybling

Beni, she doesn't destroy the cameras she cuts off the electricity supply for as long as she needs, the cameras would just pop off and blink as she walked by, in the grand scheme of the Malevolence manned by B1 droids, this won't go noticed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be very important to mention that Jaina Solo is herself an ace pilot with excellent command of dog-fighting tactics and would prove a superb fighter wing leader that could really make the difference in this kind of engagement.

She beat Master Durron's record speed.

She flew in the Yuuzhan Vong war and scored hundreds of kills(no exaggeration).

She even took on a fleet of Sith space pirates with nothing but a StealthX and proved lethal, on that note I assume Jaina gets her StealthX which had a few pretty hardcore modifications, it was faster, took much more damage and had an improved hyperdrive system.

She learned directly from Luke, Wedge, Chewbacca, her Father and Durron in the skills of a pilot and was eventually considered un-matched.

If that's the case, then Gilad isn't going to waste her skills on a potentially fatal mission to take down Grievous. Unlike Anakin, I don't believe he is quite so reckless. Indeed Jaina can not be in two places at once.

I agree, Pallaeon would not take such a massive risk with such a great asset, using her to secure fighter superiority is far far more likely. She can definitely make a significant difference, not just with her own piloting skills but commanding the squadrons.

She can project Gilad's commands to the pilots and adapt for any changes on the fly, making sure the rebel pilots take down the right targets, etc.

Her StealthX itself would make a nasty bit of difference against the Malevolence, turning it's size into a huge screen to drop in and out of stealth and perform crippling runs.

I have to say Karadron, you sure picked a utility character with this one.

I agree, Pallaeon would not take such a massive risk with such a great asset, using her to secure fighter superiority is far far more likely. She can definitely make a significant difference, not just with her own piloting skills but commanding the squadrons.

She can project Gilad's commands to the pilots and adapt for any changes on the fly, making sure the rebel pilots take down the right targets, etc.

Her StealthX itself would make a nasty bit of difference against the Malevolence, turning it's size into a huge screen to drop in and out of stealth and perform crippling runs.

I find it unlikely even an StealthX will be able to do much damage to the Malevolence, the vessel is so massive that it will be akin to flies on its back. The other vessels are admittedly more vulnerable, and I expect they will become targets.

Not that I want to give the opposition any ideas, but sooner or later I'm going to have to confront that issue.

Completely disagree, taking down the Malevolence ends this battle completely and will not be hard for her to do, it's a very infiltratable ship.

On the other hand she'll be out trying to too the fighter difference of about 1000 ships, she can't do that much. Best tactic would be to use their fighters defensively, hold off the enemy and let Jaina send the capital ship into oblivion.

Once they're gone, all the other cruisers are pretty screwed, weve seen how droids react without someone definitively in charge, and that would make all the difference.

Completely disagree, taking down the Malevolence ends this battle completely and will not be hard for her to do, it's a very infiltratable ship.

On the other hand she'll be out trying to too the fighter difference of about 1000 ships, she can't do that much. Best tactic would be to use their fighters defensively, hold off the enemy and let Jaina send the capital ship into oblivion.

Once they're gone, all the other cruisers are pretty screwed, weve seen how droids react without someone definitively in charge, and that would make all the difference.

I have to agree with this. The GA is at a severe disadvantage in the fighter game, and the PH fleet has a plethora of point defense systems. Jaina can handle herself, but the other pilots are not on her level.

Further, the GA cruisers are outnumbered and outgunned. Their only real hope for success is taking out the Malevolence and its commander. Without one or the other, the GA fleet has a real chance of victory.

I have to agree with this. The GA is at a severe disadvantage in the fighter game, and the PH fleet has a plethora of point defense systems. Jaina can handle herself, but the other pilots are not on her level.

Further, the GA cruisers are outnumbered and outgunned. Their only real hope for success is taking out the Malevolence and its commander. Without one or the other, the GA fleet has a real chance of victory.

And I don't believe it will succeed, so much so that I don't believe the Alliance will attempt it.

The Malevolence that Jaina is attempting to infiltrate is a totally different beast from what we seen in TCW. When Anakin and Kenobi inflitrated the vessel it was heavily damaged, most if its security systems had probably been knocked out, and the crew were too busy with repairs to notice any intruders. That is not the case this time round.

This time round the Malevolence is fully operational, and if Jaina attempts to dock with it like Anakin and Kenobi did, I'd say its more than likely she will be detected. After all if the airlock is not being monitored, then anyone could just waltz in.

Then its simply a case of dispatching battle droids to intercept her, one of them is going to get a visual and as soon as they do Lumiya will order Grievous to lock down the bridge, and with Jaina locked out she will be captured soon enough.

But the Alliance will know this, and for that reason I don't think they'll attempt it. And that's my final point on the subject.

And I don't believe it will succeed, so much so that I don't believe the Alliance will attempt it.

The Malevolence that Jaina is attempting to infiltrate is a totally different beast from what we seen in TCW. When Anakin and Kenobi inflitrated the vessel it was heavily damaged, most if its security systems had probably been knocked out, and the crew were too busy with repairs to notice any intruders. That is not the case this time round.

This time round the Malevolence is fully operational, and if Jaina attempts to dock with it like Anakin and Kenobi did, I'd say its more than likely she will be detected. After all if the airlock is not being monitored, then anyone could just waltz in.

Then its simply a case of dispatching battle droids to intercept her, one of them is going to get a visual and as soon as they do Lumiya will order Grievous to lock down the bridge, and with Jaina locked out she will be captured soon enough.

But the Alliance will know this, and for that reason I don't think they'll attempt it. And that's my final point on the subject.

Considering Jaina was capable of infiltrating a ship under similar circumstances, I think it's likely that she would succeed. And considering that the ship is guarded by dim-witted Battle Droids, I think her success is very much a possibility.

Considering Jaina was capable of infiltrating a ship under similar circumstances, I think it's likely that she would succeed. And considering that the ship is guarded by dim-witted Battle Droids, I think her success is very much a possibility.
As I say, all that needs to happen is her to be spotted for Grievous to lock down the bridge, and she will be spotted, regardless of how dim-witted the droids are, all they need to do is relay a visual to command.

OK, I lie, one more point. Carbonite war droids, once Jaina is locked out and surrounded they'll turn her into decor.

As I say, all that needs to happen is her to be spotted for Grievous to lock down the bridge, and she will be spotted, regardless of how dim-witted the droids are, all they need to do is relay a visual to command.

OK, I lie, one more point. Carbonite war droids, once Jaina is locked out and surrounded they'll turn her into decor.

Pretty sure a lightsaber would cut through the bridge doors. Unless they were ray shielded or something like that. Also, Jaina has evaded individuals smarter than Battle droids. Nor should you expect the crew to span every corner of the ship, especially during a battle.

You'd think so, huh? Even though she's a veteran of several wars and conflicts and fought enemies far more dangerous?

Fact is, Jaina is an expert infiltrator and has infiltrated battleships before. She knows what she is doing and she knows how to stay out of sight.

I'm just gonna leave it for someone who knows more about Jaina than I do.

Pretty sure a lightsaber would cut through the bridge doors. Unless they were ray shielded or something like that. Also, Jaina has evaded individuals smarter than Battle droids. Nor should you expect the crew to span every corner of the ship, especially during a battle.

You'd think so, huh? Even though she's a veteran of several wars and conflicts and fought enemies far more dangerous?

Fact is, Jaina is an expert infiltrator and has infiltrated battleships before. She knows what she is doing and she knows how to stay out of sight.

Pretty much this, and Beni you have yet to tell me how anyone's going to see her.

No camera will detect her, since she can use force concealment, any droids would be shut down with her ability to half electric charges and even then only temporarily.

And then we have Grevious' own overconfidence to boot, when Anakin and Obi wan invaded his ship, did he lock down the bridge? No, he ran off to go fight them..

Well this is the Malevolence, the most powerful warship in the Separatist Fleet, one would think it has all the bells and whistles. Regardless, you need to use a turbolift to get up to the bridge, so its simply a case of disabling that.

If Jaina makes it to the bridge, she is tough but she is not invincible. How will she fair against a small army of B2s and a Carbonite war droid to boot? How will all her experience help when she's frozen in carbonite and blasted to pieces?

I understand this, but the fact of the matter is attempting to dock with the warship will instantly alert Grievous to her presence, and it will be obvious what her target is, him, so all they have to do is lay a trap and wait for her to arrive.

After all how can she possibly evade the enemy if they are guarding the only access point to the bridge?

Edited by Beniboybling

Pretty much this, and Beni you have yet to tell me how anyone's going to see her.

No camera will detect her, since she can use force concealment, any droids would be shut down with her ability to half electric charges and even then only temporarily.

And then we have Grevious' own overconfidence to boot, when Anakin and Obi wan invaded his ship, did he lock down the bridge? No, he ran off to go fight them..

I have, she docks with the Malevolence, and Grievous dispatches all available droids to swarm the area, as soon as she gets out of her ship she's being blasted by battle droids, if the cameras haven't already spotted her they will.

At the very least, they will know someone is heading for the bridge, and defend it.

Recall what I said earlier, Lumiya is presiding over the whole conflict, and will rein in Grievous when needed. She is not going to allow her prize General to take any unnecessary risks, especially considering she knows of Jaina's power.

Well this is the Malevolence, the most powerful warship in the Separatist Fleet, one would think it has all the bells and whistles. Regardless, you need to use a turbolift to get up to the bridge, so its simply a case of disabling that.

If Jaina makes it to the bridge, she is tough but she is not invincible. How will she fair against a small army of B2s and a Carbonite war droid to boot? How will all her experience help when she's frozen in carbonite and blasted to pieces?

I understand this, but the fact of the matter is attempting to dock with the warship will instantly alert Grievous to her presence, and it will be obvious what her target is, him, so all they have to do is lay a trap and wait for her to arrive.

After all how can she possibly evade the enemy if they are guarding the only access point to the bridge?

There is no way Grievous could mobilize a small army of droids and dispatch it to her position before she gets off her ship. At best, a squad would get there. At worst, she gets away without anyone knowing where she went.

Grievous may or may not be the target. She may attempt to sabotage the ship in some way, but, yes, Grievous is the most likely target.

If she has to cut her way through a few droids to get to the bridge, she will. Droids do not compare to Yuuzhan Vong.

Recall what I said earlier, Lumiya is presiding over the whole conflict, and will rein in Grievous when needed. She is not going to allow her prize General to take any unnecessary risks, especially considering she knows of Jaina's power.

Lumiya doesn't know Jaina is in the battle. Of course if cameras do catch her (which is unlikely), then Grievous could ask.

Edit: Lumiya also doesn't know the full extent of Jaina's abilities, nor all of the tricks in her arsenal.

Edited by Aurbere

I have, she docks with the Malevolence, and Grievous dispatches all available droids to swarm the area, as soon as she gets out of her ship she's being blasted by battle droids, if the cameras haven't already spotted her they will.

At the very least, they will know someone is heading for the bridge, and defend it.

Anakin and Obi-Wan docked twice, once with the Malevolence and once with Grevious' personal Recuscant, completely undetected, simply because no fighters saw them board.

I don't see how Jaina docking will alert anyone, at all.

Carbonite won't exactly work on a Jedi, a telikinetic shield akin to a Force Push (Like we see Kenobi use against Durge) would stop any of the carbonite freezing her.

That, and if she's fast enough to out outmaneuver and kill 20 sith on a Dark Side Nexus, all through speed alone, she's fast enough to destroy any droids that come her way.

Carbonite won't exactly work on a Jedi, a telikinetic shield akin to a Force Push (Like we see Kenobi use against Durge) would stop any of the carbonite freezing her.

That, and if she's fast enough to out outmaneuver and kill 20 sith on a Dark Side Nexus, all through speed alone, she's fast enough to destroy any droids that come her way.

Pretty sure she did that while injured, too.

I'd like a source on that feat, because it seems grossly exaggerated and doesn't feature on that respect thread. In fact it has her going up against half a dozen SIth sabers alongside Luke Skywalker on a DS nexus, seems far more reasonable that a feat than even Vader couldn't pull off. Basically I'm calling shenanigans.

Anyway, if this were simply Jaina vs War Droid then sure. But factor in the small army of battle droids as well, Jaina is no master of Soresu, so 20 shooters will be more than enough to keep her pinned, making her incapable of deflecting the attack, she could theoretically create a barrier around herself, but she's still in a pretty sticky spot.

Speed would be her saving face here, if the droids didn't all surround her as soon as she reached the bridge.

Bearing in mind that these droids gave Marek a run for his money, they'd eat Vong for breakfast.

But really, this is just the half of it. Lets assume that somehow that Jaina makes it past the ambush, deactivates the ray shield protecting the bridge and crawls up the turbolift tube despite all Grievous' attempts to prevent her.) A duel ensues, Grievous flees, then the controls lock down (though like Jaina could pilot the thing anyway) well, back home I guess?

Wrong. Jaina's Stealth X has already been destroyed. So much for that advantage. And Grievous is commanding the Malevolence from a secondary bridge. Meanwhile Jaina is trapped in a useless bridge being rapidly drained of oxygen.

Anakin and Obi-Wan docked twice, once with the Malevolence and once with Grevious' personal Recuscant, completely undetected, simply because no fighters saw them board.

I don't see how Jaina docking will alert anyone, at all.

You misremember, they landed on the underside of his vessel and cut a way through a ventilation shaft i.e. incognitio. As I said before the thing is obviously monitored, or anyone could just waltz in.
Lumiya doesn't know Jaina is in the battle. Of course if cameras do catch her (which is unlikely), then Grievous could ask.

Edit: Lumiya also doesn't know the full extent of Jaina's abilities, nor all of the tricks in her arsenal.

Well I'm realising the premise is flawed regardless. Grievous is in the midst of a space battle, he is not going to leave the bridge to go a hunting. Refer to RoTS, Grievous did not abadon the bridge to look for Anakin and Kenobi.

P.S. All I was saying was that Lumiya will know Jaina is a very powerful Jedi. She did after all train her brother.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well I posted my strategy a while back, and I'd be interested to here some counter strategies, I assume that Gilad isn't just going to sit back and let it happen.

Well, if no one makes a counter to it, I'll see if I can.

I would, however, be interested in how you plan on dealing with stealth fighters. That's an important factor, especially with Jaina leading them.