The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Full Armor Sets (Past, Present and Future)

ShayeraRyn

I don't know if this has been brought up by others on this forum but have you all considered selling the armor sets for 5000 Cartel Points? By armor sets I mean the ones in current and past cartel packs off the market. So example if someone wanted Bastila Shan's armor they could get the entire set for 5000 cartel points and it's legacy bound so the market doesn't get flooded with them. You'd be paying more than the x24 packs offered in the cartel market but it would also encourage more spending for specific sets and it wouldn't harm the in game market if you bind it to legacy.

First question is how many packs does it take (on average) to get the highly sought/rare armor sets in full? Correct me if I am wrong, but you are assuming that it takes 24 packs to get those rare sets. Well I can tell you from experience that it is more, in some cases A LOT more.

The next question is how many players would dish out 5k CCs for a BoL armor set? You would probably be surprised how few would. Many, if not most, players who really want a specific set of gear will wait for it to come onto the GTN and buy it with credits. Gotta be honest here - and it may not be the intent but it is what happens - hypercrates (24 packs) is the "legit" way to convert real money into game money.

So, implementing what you are suggesting would probably not generate the revenue you think it will.

First off you didn't read what I posted I said I spent over 200 dollars getting those x24 packs. Reading skills learn them before you post. And truthfully if people are willing to spend so much on the x24 packs for the other fluffy then why not just charge for the armor outright as legacy bound so it can't be sold on the market? They can still have the armor in the packs I'm not saying remove them I'm suggesting they give other options. Some might be restricted financially for various reasons IRL so they can't drop 500 dollars on cartel packs to get what you call 'rare' armor. Rare armor would be the raid armor considering how many times you have to run something to get a piece of gear. This is about cosmetic fluff and how to still get money out of those who just don't want the other stuff in the cartel packs. People don't buy the current armor sets because frankly you can get the same damn looks in the game if you look for them.

And with this current pack it's not a 'legit' way to earn money. The prices of the armor. crystals, weapons, pets and speeders have dropped so much because you can get them so easily. The one issue is that certain armor sets have odd drop rates. I have three full sets of the Exar Kun set and a few of the others but it won't sell for jack on the server I play on because it's flooded with the stuff. You can't sell stuff when the market is filled with it and I also mentioned that F2P'ers are credit capped so they couldn't even afford much off the market as it is. And before you even say it no I'm not a F2P'er I'm a Founder.

To the pack making money part, he probably means selling the entire Hypercrate without opening it. They go for millions :D

On a Different note, while offering armors for direct cc purchase sounds delightful, but in all actuality removes the rarity of those armor pieces. Some armors like Tulak Hord are worn because they look cool and are unique. But for direct purchase, who knows how many would use that. They have certain rare armors to squeeze more money out of us and a secondary income for the F2P/sub hybrid we use. It seems unfair, but to them, we buy it, and it makes them money.

And it would still have a slight harm to the in-game market. Depending on wealth or time, some might pay the cc rather than credits for a faster set of desirable armor. Instant and legacy bound, sounds like a good deal,eh? Plus, if less people buy Hypercrates, that's less armor on the market to pick from. I get most of my armor from the GTN. :mad: Though since we have collections, it really is just an anti-marketing tool to have a legacy bind.:eek:

I don't know if this has been brought up by others on this forum but have you all considered selling the armor sets for 5000 Cartel Points? By armor sets I mean the ones in current and past cartel packs off the market. So example if someone wanted Bastila Shan's armor they could get the entire set for 5000 cartel points and it's legacy bound so the market doesn't get flooded with them. You'd be paying more than the x24 packs offered in the cartel market but it would also encourage more spending for specific sets and it wouldn't harm the in game market if you bind it to legacy.

You are mistaken if you think it wouldn't affect the in-game market.

After all, if Revan's Armor could simply be purchased, do you think it would sell for as much on the GTN?

Would Satele's armor be worth 2-3m credits if you could just buy a copy outright?

What you suggest would piss off everyone who has bought packs and who is trying to sell the contents. It will not, or should not, ever happen.

First off you didn't read what I posted I said I spent over 200 dollars getting those x24 packs. Reading skills learn them before you post. And truthfully if people are willing to spend so much on the x24 packs for the other fluffy then why not just charge for the armor outright as legacy bound so it can't be sold on the market?

:) You actually answered your own question... You might read what you write before you insult other's reading skills.

You bought $200 worth of packs. Clearly the system is working as designed. :)

For the record, I've bought more than that over the past year, so I know how you feel about RNG, but at this point, the system is what it is and needs to not change, or it will just piss current and past buyers off.