The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help: How to start a successful guild in SWTOR

Jawa

I got a small guild of 4 people in Empire Ebon Hawk called <Mandalorians> -- no, not <The Mandalorians>

I'd like to increase our numbers, however I don't know the best way to do it.

Would anyone have some tips and tricks to get started?

Thanks!

Edited by Jawa

First determine what you want to focus on.

Rp

PVe

Pvp

or

combination

Then determine the Rules you want your guild to abide by

Mine has

Respect for all guild members and members outside the guild

Foul Language is not tolerated

Then determine if you want to recruit anyone that says looking for a guild or if you want to be selective.

first of all i have been in many guilds , one think is important is you need to communicate in your guild chat and ask people to participate in guild event or simply just talk whatever , dont be a silence guild where everyone is doing everything separately

for example if you in pvp then whenever log in ask people to do pvp together and you must be active on your primetime gaming time you set ( apac , est, westcoast etc)

some guild that i left is like dead even there are people online but they just silence and no communication it is like you solo it and not in guild , that guild doom to fail

if you in casual again ask people to join or help gildies for lvling , if you help them the loyalty usually stay with that guild otherwise people will be easy to leave

What do you most want the people in your guild doing eventually or having the ability to do?

Each guild has a focus:

Social

Leveling

PVP

PVE

Crafting

Ranked PVP

Hard Mode Operations

Planet Conquests

Title or Achievement hunting

Once you decide on those things, you can recruit specifically for that. For my guild, I make sure that everyone is over level 50, over level 18 and able to get on vent, this increases the chance that people can group together and filters out a lot of the undesirables, we were not always as picky, but when your big you can be :)

If I was starting new, I would recruit all levels for a while and I would recruit like crazy, and then you can promote the people that show promise and support your long term goals.

Post a good recruiting post in the server forums and update it once a month.

I spam general a lot, but make sure you don't become annoying with it. You can spam, wait a minute for possible general comments, then go to another planet or area and spam there. If you're staying on planet, give it plenty of time before reposting in general. I open up notepad on my computer and keep my recruitment messages there so I can easily copy and paste into the game. Since you'll be smaller for a while, I'd recommend spamming during your most popular play times, so new recruits are most likely to see other members on. I used to list our "Prime Time 7-10pm server" in our messages for a long time as well.

Reply, message or email ingame if I can offer any advice or answer any questions. Good guilds can be hard to find, they take a good team, work and patience, they make the game a lot better place though. Good luck.