"Holographic Weapon Display (Rifle)" decoration bugged

Jerba

This decoration has the wrong alignment when placed on a hook.

See screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/frf8NTy.jpg

I placed the Holographic Weapon Display (Rifle) on the bottom of the two medium-sized wall hooks. In the default position, the bottom of the decoration is aligned with the center of the hook. Because of that, this decoration is much higher up in the air instead of other decorations, which are centered on the hook by default.

Even if you move the decoration down with Y+10, the decoration is still not touching the ground, making it impossible to correctly place it.

Please fix this decoration so that it is in the center off the hook by default, and not so high up in the air.

Edited by Jerba

• 5 months later...
So half a year later the decoration is still buggy? come on :(

Pretty much every decoration that is bugged somehow will get "Lol yeah right" ed when it comes to getting fixed. The -only- decorations i know of being fixed were the generator that was clickabke, and the hunters table.

So many many others are left as is, and its sad.

Personal favorite is the micro sized "Puddle (fountain) of Blood and Fire" i think the devs need new glasses :p

So half a year later the decoration is still buggy? come on :(

Yes, it is still bugged. :(

Since my first screenshot showed the default position, here's how it looks like when you place it on the bottom hook with Y+10 (in other words, as low as possible): http://i.imgur.com/g6bY6RW.jpg

As you can see, the whole decoration is above my character's head. I'm not really sure what the devs intended for this decoration but it just seems like it should be much lower; your character should be able to see the weapon display without raising his head. Also, the whole decoration could be scaled to like half its size and still look good, but I won't call that a bug since it may be intended to be this large.

Pretty much every decoration that is bugged somehow will get "Lol yeah right" ed when it comes to getting fixed. The -only- decorations i know of being fixed were the generator that was clickabke, and the hunters table.

So many many others are left as is, and its sad.

That's true, unfortunately. The chances to see this being fixed are very small, it is just not worth the effort for them to fix it. It's a shame because it really is a nice decoration.

Edited by Jerba

yea i have the same problem with it.. hope they will fix it someday :( items from the cartell market shoudnt be this buggy ^^ ( other items too but when you pay real money for it , it just shoudnt be buggy ) sry for bad english :) Edited by Ichikoe

• 2 weeks later...
Well, the Underworld Essentials Bundle that contains this decoration is on sale this week but the decoration has still not been fixed. It is a nice bundle for my smuggler but I feel sad that I won't decorate all the items from it. :( Edited by Jerba

Yeah, I got one of these, tried it, and piked it right back up and decided I'd never actually place it in any stronghold. Not much point having a "display" when it's so high on the wall you can't really see what it's displaying.

Oh, and they do fix decorations, or at least try to, now and then. They've been trying to fix the "Gree Light Pillar (Blue)" for months. They've even said a time or two in patch notes that it is fixed, most recently in 3.1.1 (but it's not). And they've also said that another "fix" is scheduled to be in 3.1.2, though it's "not 100%".

So there's still hope for your rifle display. Just don't hold your breath.

Edited by Adric_the_Red